Re-homing 3 Common Plecos. Need bigger homes!

Yarr880

Feeder Fish
May 24, 2017
My mom and I collectively have 3 plecos, I have 2, and she has 1. They will outgrow their tanks and we have no current means of acquiring a big enough tank for them, especially 3. 2 are in a 29 gallon, and 1 is in a 39 gallon tank. These are obviously not adequate tank sizes for these plecos.

Anybody within 7 miles of Carlsbad, CA we'd be willing to deliver them. Anybody out of that radius is also welcome to come get them. We don't feel comfortable shipping them.

If nobody is willing to take them, they'd need to go to a retailer. If it comes to that, would it be better to take them to a dedicated fish store or a PetCo? We don't know anybody working at a fish store but we do have a friend at PetCo we trust. I'm worried that somebody buying at PetCo would be ignorant of their needs.

You don't have to take all 3, if you're just interested in 1.

My mom's:
06_sandvich.jpg
My two:
photo_2017-05-24_20-02-00.jpg

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I had someone drop of a 10" common the other day when delivering fish to my neighbor she brought the pleco, 3x 4" goldfish, a 4" red tail shark, and 5x neons in a 2 L tea pitcher I mean wtf. I would take it to a dedicated fish store if they will take it assuming you can't rehome them. My LFS won't carry them because after a couple months they get dropped back off this is one fish big box stores just shouldn't carry.

Now that the rant is over I'll get off my soapbox and say I actually do like these fish it's just they rarely get the room they deserve

Yarr880

Feeder Fish
May 24, 2017
The plecos went to a LFS, but I'm not as worried about them anymore, the place definitely knows what they're doing and they have several large plecos already.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store