River Rocks in the aquarium

swomley93

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2015
So
Hit the nail on the head........Bleach, Boil or white vinegar.

Nothing else will kill everything. For those of you who don't use one of these 3 methods, you're living dangerously.

Oddball Oddball - you should Sticky/Pinned this thread you made so we don't get more threads like this

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/ask-first-its-that-simple.672848/
I bleached it for 24 hours probably a ratio of 80%water 20 bleach and then I soaked it in a good amount of dechlorinator for another 24 hours and now I am drying then under a fan BUT I can kind of smell the super smallest amount of what I think is the bleach I could be wrong and be paranoid but would you do the dechorination process again?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
So
I bleached it for 24 hours probably a ratio of 80%water 20 bleach and then I soaked it in a good amount of dechlorinator for another 24 hours and now I am drying then under a fan BUT I can kind of smell the super smallest amount of what I think is the bleach I could be wrong and be paranoid but would you do the dechorination process again?
you can, might be a good idea, you used 10% more bleach than you're supposed to.....normally I go 90% water, 10% bleach.

As I stated bleach leaves no residue, so you can rinse and rinse, but the evaporation process to completely rid the odor is just as important.

Go ahead and do another rinse and dechlorinate and let them dry another 24 hours afterwards.

Better safe than sorry

You don't want to JUST take the bleached rocks and soak them in water, you have RINSE w/ a hose foor several minutes before that. THEN you can put them in dechlorinator

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store