River Rocks in the aquarium

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Hello; I guess that there are pumps actually made to be submerged is not a part of the plan????

last words of a _ _ _ _ _ _ _ " Hey watch this!"
there certainly are submersible filters, I own a few myself, however if it doesn't SAY submersible on the box, one must assume there are gaps and spaces that will allow water into the mechanical parts and possibly touch the electrical parts, which can be quite dangerous. I'm not telling anyone what to do, it's your life, and you're free to destroy it if you wish, but these aren't chances i'm willing to risk. The warning engraved onto the actual filter itself tells you NOT to submerge it.

You might as well just submerge your surge protector and everything that's plugged into it if that's the case. I see no difference in risk.

Water is the most powerful force on Earth.....it will find a way through even the tiniest gaps or space

Reactions: Dee eng

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
right....

....but the Emperor 400's do NOT
Hello; I got the point of your previous posts. The person submerged a pump that is not intendedd to be submerged. I understand and agree that is a very risky package. My point being that there are pumps available already designed to be submerged with no need to risk your life trying something outside of the instructions.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I wash my river rocks with some hot water and throw them in, just like the drift wood I find in the creeks. I let everything dry out for a day or so and its good to go, zero issues for years. I find it safer to let the water borne pathogens die from air exposure than risk putting harmful chemicals in my tanks that I may have missed. Boiling would be my second option if I had pots big enough for half the stuff I collect.

swomley93

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 1, 2015
you can, might be a good idea, you used 10% more bleach than you're supposed to.....normally I go 90% water, 10% bleach.

As I stated bleach leaves no residue, so you can rinse and rinse, but the evaporation process to completely rid the odor is just as important.

Go ahead and do another rinse and dechlorinate and let them dry another 24 hours afterwards.

Better safe than sorry

You don't want to JUST take the bleached rocks and soak them in water, you have RINSE w/ a hose foor several minutes before that. THEN you can put them in dechlorinator
Right on thanks man I appreciate it I took it to the car wash and I power washed then repeatedly and they are drying right now so I think they will be just fine after that don't ya think

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store