Schoutedeni food?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
We have some sort of red and black beetles that are a menace in my area. They are small I thought someone had said they were japaneese beetles I was thinking you meant something else aquatic. Ive been feeding them to our carnivorous plant garden. I dont know if id want to trust something like that with him though.
Those are coffin beetles (if they are black with a red x on their back) fish HATE them, as they taste horrid

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
We have some sort of red and black beetles that are a menace in my area. They are small I thought someone had said they were japaneese beetles I was thinking you meant something else aquatic. Ive been feeding them to our carnivorous plant garden. I dont know if id want to trust something like that with him though.
Those are coffin beetles (if they are black with a red x on their back) fish HATE them, as they taste horrid

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
WOOHOO you got one! :D I just love these guys. Active but not spazzy, interactive and always watching you to see if you have food for them.

Mine never ate pellets. But would take frozen krill/shrimp, bloodworms, squid, and clams. He didn't like frozen fish at all. Loved any live worm. Snails were the ultimate favorite so I kept them going in another tank for him. Agree that MTS are too hard but you can crush them if you have some. I'd also crush the larger ramshorn/pond snails. You'll figure out what sizes he can do on his own and what he can't.

Strongly suggest working on tong feeding if you haven't already - it makes it easy to target him with the frozen foods.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
WOOHOO you got one! :D I just love these guys. Active but not spazzy, interactive and always watching you to see if you have food for them.

Mine never ate pellets. But would take frozen krill/shrimp, bloodworms, squid, and clams. He didn't like frozen fish at all. Loved any live worm. Snails were the ultimate favorite so I kept them going in another tank for him. Agree that MTS are too hard but you can crush them if you have some. I'd also crush the larger ramshorn/pond snails. You'll figure out what sizes he can do on his own and what he can't.

Strongly suggest working on tong feeding if you haven't already - it makes it easy to target him with the frozen foods.
Bout time! Sheesh what took so long...lol
Jk.
Thanks Yeah im tong feeding him krill right now. Super small ramshorns and I just got a ton of bladder snails to hopfully breed. I got 20 ghost shrimp and fattened and gut loaded them before feeding them to him. He really liked those. All in all its going well. I may start a thread but it seems pretty dead over here so I might just lump him in my other thread. Poly peeps dont care and seem to be more active too.

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Yeah, mix him in there so I can keep better track of him! :)

Oh yeah, it's fun to watch them hunt the shrimp. Good entertainment too.

Is he following you around the room / tank yet or is he still too new?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
twentyleagues twentyleagues , how is the little guy doing?
Ive been more active with the puffer side of things than the polys lately.

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Hes doing great! I've been trying to feed him pleco bites off the tongs he attacks them but stops after a couple hits and doesnt swallow any. I saw a video yesterday of a new food out that looks kinda like worms and the schoudenti at aquarium co-op were eating them. I need to get the name and see if I can find them. Id love for him to eat some form of pellet. Id like to take bloodworms off the menu for something more nutritional.

Reactions: magpie
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store