Schoutedeni food?

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
The Co op is just over an hour away from me! Only been a couple times but it really is a nice store and Corey posts a lot of information in his videos. He carries Hikari which makes a food stick. This product is if I rember like Massivore in a stick form. Fish usually take to it well. I know he also started selling SERA foods and Im not sure what stick based stuff they sell. But he does get ahold of other stuff as well would be interesting to find out what that food is that he was using. I miss his old mbu puffer Hank, that thing was huge. His new Mbu will eventually get there.

Glad to hear the puffer is doing well. Look forward to updates.

Reactions: twentyleagues

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
So this is the video I was talking about. Looks like it is hikari vibra bites. Thanks the_deeb the_deeb !

Reactions: magpie

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I could never get mine to eat prepared food - would be awesome for yours to get on these! I might have to give them a try for my little tank, too.

Reactions: twentyleagues
Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
I'd say shelled shrimp and snails would be your best bet, crayfish and clams would be quite good too, atleast for other puffer fish I've had at the fish store I worked at, never had the schoutedeni though, only fahaka, mbu, pea puffer, figure 8, congo and green spotted

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
I'd say shelled shrimp and snails would be your best bet, crayfish and clams would be quite good too, atleast for other puffer fish I've had at the fish store I worked at, never had the schoutedeni though, only fahaka, mbu, pea puffer, figure 8, congo and green spotted
When did you work at a fish store? Seems like just a few months ago you were asking how to keep fish in boxes under your bed. I believe you said your parents wouldnt allow you a tank. I also thought you said you didnt have a job... You're doing it again. Its ok to be young and inexperienced just dont try and be a know it all. You just posted the same stuff we already talked about. I know what puffers eat in general. I was looking for specifics on the Schoutedeni. Its hard to find alot of info on them as to actual dietary needs for health and tooth care.

Sep 24, 2017
Pennsylvania
When did you work at a fish store? Seems like just a few months ago you were asking how to keep fish in boxes under your bed. I believe you said your parents wouldnt allow you a tank. I also thought you said you didnt have a job... You're doing it again. Its ok to be young and inexperienced just dont try and be a know it all. You just posted the same stuff we already talked about. I know what puffers eat in general. I was looking for specifics on the Schoutedeni. Its hard to find alot of info on them as to actual dietary needs for health and tooth care.
I worked over the summer as a volunteer, I doubt it's much different as far as tooth care though. In not try8ng to be a know it all, I even admitted I had no personal experience with the schoutedeni puffer

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store