Seachem purigen

hawkerw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2012
Montana
I've been using it and love it my water seems to stay great even when I'm bad and miss a water change by a day or so. You can also recharge it for reuse. Sorta like carbon of sorts.

hawkerw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2012
Montana
It mattters on the filter, on a Aquaclear I put it in place of Carbon, Fluval C Series has a carbon basket it will fit in. I have no experiance with the other brands but most do have a spot for carbon etc. May need to be creative:).

flip_mode

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2011
san antonio,TX
i just drop in the water flow . i just use it when i need to get things cleared up. works really great even when its been recharged correctly

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
Can't say enough good things about Purigen....

Perfect carbon substitute, fantastic media, excellent water polisher, rechargeable, the list goes on and on.

Don't question buying it, I wish i had started using it sooner, it works great in both HOB's and canisters.

aldiaz33

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2007
Bay Area
I just put about 2 liters (4 "The Bags" full) in my sump about 30 minutes ago. I hope it lives up to the hype, but I guess time will tell. Everyone that runs it seems to have good things to say about it so I have high hopes.

I was shocked to see how fine the little pellets are...it's like a very fine grain sand. I have a 300Micron pouch, but I'm not sure whether or not the Purigen will seep through. I'm glad I bought Seachem's the bag, which is a 180micron rated bag. I'll report back in a couple days.

Squirtle919

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2011
Within Earth
Can't say enough good things about Purigen....

Perfect carbon substitute, fantastic media, excellent water polisher, rechargeable, the list goes on and on.

Don't question buying it, I wish i had started using it sooner, it works great in both HOB's and canisters.
agreed. My water was like crystal clear my friend asked how the fish where alive....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store