Senegal Bichir Broken Back?

giseok jung

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2014
south korea
www.facebook.com
I can't so sure what's actually happen but might can be broken back or also can be a nutrition problem. (Like Beri-Beri in human case)
I would recommend to feed him enough with various nutrients specially Vitamin B and other vitamins.
His full stomache will also help to streach his spine straight again so feed him much as he can.

I've successfully treated similar case in WC bichirs that imported with curved spine like that.
Hope you get the best luck for him.

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
Well as always he was very excited for food, and swam all around the tank. I’m going to assume giseok jung giseok jung is right and I’ll try feeding the whole tank pellets with high vitamins, or pellets soaked in vitamin stuff. Any specific things I should use?

Also he isn’t wc, giseok

giseok jung

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 20, 2014
south korea
www.facebook.com
Well as always he was very excited for food, and swam all around the tank. I’m going to assume giseok jung giseok jung is right and I’ll try feeding the whole tank pellets with high vitamins, or pellets soaked in vitamin stuff. Any specific things I should use?

Also he isn’t wc, giseok
I would use some Vitamin premix for aquacultures but I think human vitamins will also work.
and let him eat anything he want, i usually feed mine frozen weather loach with extra vitamins for curing that kind of case.

phreeflow

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
SoCal

Also he isn’t wc, giseok
Vitachem

Reactions: The Masked Shadow

The Masked Shadow

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2020
Southern California (San Diego)
He is monstrously full. He was able to catch a live Mosquitofish, so that’s a good sign. He’s just like normal - eats as much as he can until you think his stomach will burst, but with an arched back.

I was wondering if it is air, if I catch him in a net and take him out of the tank, would he ‘burp’ the air out?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store