Senegalus Bichir Swollen Anal Fin? Help!

ZidanSanz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2014
Jakarta
I just wonder why his anal fin swollen like that? He is eat and act like normal one (not like a sick or ill fish). Anybody can help me what's wrong with him? Thanks before :)

IMG_3689.JPG

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
man that it swollen! I don't know what it is but I'm no expert. At the very least you should make sure you keep your water as clean as possible to help deal with any existing infections and/or prevent any future infections. Gonna tag a couple of the poly-gurus here, they'll know more
Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 tlindsey tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Looks to be more of a growth.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

ShanerBock888

Aimara
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2016
Warwick, NY
That's where their testicles are right? (or the equivalent). seems to me like the organ may be swollen. how long has it been like that?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Watch for any redness to that area. Seen a few were the anal region got swell and red in a few hours and the poly died. Seemed to be infection. Not sure what triggered it.

But if there's no gravel in the tank and it's acting normal. I suspect some type of growth.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

ZidanSanz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2014
Jakarta
man that it swollen! I don't know what it is but I'm no expert. At the very least you should make sure you keep your water as clean as possible to help deal with any existing infections and/or prevent any future infections. Gonna tag a couple of the poly-gurus here, they'll know more
Polyaddict86 Polyaddict86 tlindsey tlindsey
Yeah I always keep my water as clean as possible but it still like that :(

Watch for any redness to that area. Seen a few were the anal region got swell and red in a few hours and the poly died. Seemed to be infection. Not sure what triggered it.

But if there's no gravel in the tank and it's acting normal. I suspect some type of growth.
If it's type of growth, so you mean it's normal? I bought with a normal anal fin but after like a year it became like that..

Ive never seen this before, what did it ate before it became like this?
He just ate goldfish, shrimp, and sometimes pellets

It's most likely a tumor. If it's CB.
Yeah its CB. But, will he be alright?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store