Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
No kidding. Still loving mine too. Have quite a few from my outcross still and of course the sbrts made from my favorite male.

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
They look great! Wrong forum tho.
Nope right forum. The guy who created this strain posted them right here in the flowerhorn and cichlid hybrid forum. Not exactly hybrids yet selectively bred for a mutation so it makes sense to post them here. People should be posting their ebjd and blue acaras and other man made cichlid strains here in my opinion. Cheers

Reactions: convict360

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
I dunno man, 'hybrid' has a very specific definition. We don't want to confuse inbred/line-bred/selectively breed fish for hybrid fish. I agree that they should have their own forum to differentiate from wild-caught strains, but they are definitely not hybrids.
I agree yet I just think of them all in a general "man made mutant" kind of way haha. Whether line bred or hybrid they ain't natural :)

Hey kaliedoscope are you ever going to trade some fry with me? I will likely be moving on from breeding the sbrts in this next year to focus on another fish strain I've been growing out.

Simon_fh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2016
Wow, really beautiful. They would make great breeders for adding pearling to Flowerhorns. Does add still sell these fish? I would love to pick up a pair.

Simon

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I dunno man, 'hybrid' has a very specific definition. We don't want to confuse inbred/line-bred/selectively breed fish for hybrid fish. I agree that they should have their own forum to differentiate from wild-caught strains, but they are definitely not hybrids.
Some are red Texas as well so that's a hybrid

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store