Should I be worried?

IgnatzMcJockel

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2019
Germany
Today i noticed, that one of my dels got a white bulge on the left side of his face.
Sometimes he's shaking his head, so i think it is iching.
I can't tell if it is something dangerous or if i'm to worried...

I added a few pics, so you can make your own opinion.

I hope you can help me :)

IMG_20210128_141809_LI.jpg
IMG_20210128_141816_LI.jpg
IMG_20210128_141827_LI.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Don’t look like much and hard to make out with the pics. If it’s acting normal and water is good then watch.

IgnatzMcJockel

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2019
Germany
Thanks for the fast response :)
Except of the slightly head shaking, he's acting completely normal and also eating very well.
The water is also completely ok.
I just dont't want to miss something. I have him since he was 2 inch and he was one of my first two polys.

Reactions: tlindsey

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Thanks for the fast response :)
Except of the slightly head shaking, he's acting completely normal and also eating very well.
The water is also completely ok.
I just dont't want to miss something. I have him since he was 2 inch and he was one of my first two polys.
Polypterus also head shake for means letting others know to get away from my territory or during spawning. I've seen my Senegalus head shake many times.

IgnatzMcJockel

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2019
Germany
Polypterus also head shake for means letting others know to get away from my territory or during spawning. I've seen my Senegalus head shake many times.
I don't think it is a territory thing... never had any aggression between my polys an the most time of the day they lie in the same tube.
Spawning might get a theme...he is about two years old now....

IgnatzMcJockel

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2019
Germany
i'm pretty sure it's nothing. the spot got plain again and he's still at best health.
Just the head shakeing isn't stopping ?

IgnatzMcJockel

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2019
Germany
What do you feed it? Sometimes when you feed it fish meat and some gets stuck on the side of their mouth.
A mix of Tilapia filets, Rosenberg shrimps without shell and Hikari Massivore Pellets. I cut the fish and shrimps in peaces and freeze it with the pellets in a
ice cube mold so that i dond't have to cut always when i want to feed. Two ice cube molds are enough for about a month :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store