Should this be a crime?

Should it be illegal to take the robbers get-a-way car?

• yes

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • no

Votes: 116 86.6%

• Total voters

dawn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
in Birminghan
True, you have to protect your loved ones!

jcardona1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2007
South of Heaven
smpage;2806889;2806889 said:
How is that protecting the criminal more? You're providing the police with every bit of information they need. The criminals are going to jail and if they do get away before the police show up then everything they get away with should be covered by homeowners insurance until it can be recovered. The criminals don't have more rights than honest civilians but honest civilians don't have more either. We're all citizens, like it or not.
writing down the license plate number could be useless. it coule be a stolen vehicle, stolen plates, etc. essentially, it could be a "throw away" vehicle that was used only for the robbery and could lead police nowhere.

what that man did was brilliant. i would have never thought of that. i would have just unloaded on them and then be looking at going to prison lol

flamer

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
NC
www.youtube.com
no no no no no no no no no no no no!but that IS why people buy shotguns lol

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
jcardona1;2806932; said:
writing down the license plate number could be useless. it coule be a stolen vehicle, stolen plates, etc. essentially, it could be a "throw away" vehicle that was used only for the robbery and could lead police nowhere.

what that man did was brilliant. i would have never thought of that. i would have just unloaded on them and then be looking at going to prison lol
Well said Mr.Cardona,what he did was very brave as well.The other poster must be behind some of the pro criminal laws that my city enjoys.

chloe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
portsmouth/southampton/crawley, UK
jcardona1;2806869; said:
thats sickening. defend your life and your property and you go to jail. the logic behind that reasoning is retarded
damn right!!!!! i can tell u now if anyone if entered my house thet would get 7 shades of brown kicked out of them!!!!! let alone go near my daughter....i may be a girl but im 5.8 and 197lbs, had a nasty bf and now no how to defend myself!!!!!!

Will Hayward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
Canada
www.alternativeaquariums.com
A similar crime.

A man broke into a house where the family was away on vacation, and went into the garage. The doors were locked behind him. The garage door opener was non-functional. The bandit remained in the garage eating dog food and pooping in a bucket for nearly two weeks. The bandit was charge, but sued the family for over $60,000.00 for some "term" I do not recall.

dawn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
in Birminghan
Good for you, Chloe! Kick em where it really hurts!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Seven shades of brown,hmmm.Thats a new one to me.

ShipOfFools37

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2008
The Land of Pleasant Living.
smpage;2806889; said:
How is that protecting the criminal more? You're providing the police with every bit of information they need. The criminals are going to jail and if they do get away before the police show up then everything they get away with should be covered by homeowners insurance until it can be recovered. The criminals don't have more rights than honest civilians but honest civilians don't have more either. We're all citizens, like it or not.

Someone already touched on the fact that the car could be stolen or whatnot and not lead to the criminal's arrest.

However, not everything can be covered by homeowners insurance. Many people keep family heirlooms and artifacts which are priceless to them. Replacing them doesn't provide the meaning of some of these items. I believe that taking the getaway car was probably the safest and most humane thing he could have done. The robbers should be grateful that the subject of this thread isn't a debate over whether it's fair to shoot and kill a criminal, then be tried.

Personally, in this situation, I'm opening that door with a loaded shotgun and the getaway car would be useless. I'm protecting my family and loved ones.

PirateOscar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2008
Greenville, NC
step one grab large caliber hand gun

step two lock the van

step three walk in tell then to drop the stuff and lay down or there going to have a large hole in them

step four call the cops

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store