Show Me Your Favorite Catfish,

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Never kept bolt catfish but if i had to pick that would be my favirote.

Out of the 5 species i have - , jaguar cats, spotted ,rapheal, juruense, vulture, and porthole shovelnose its tough because other than the spotted raph they all have pretty cool personalities.
I would probably pick the porthole not that its my favirote but i think it has allot of potential. Once it puts on some size i think its gonna be a stunning fish.

No recent pics but heres a vid

A

AquaAlex1993

Google "Lake Gadisar catfish".

IIRC, they are Clarias gariepinus.

Those are some awesome looking catfish. They are another fish I shake my head about being banned. Why and when did they become banned? I think I remember seeing some walking catfish for sale in the hobby when I was real younger, when I was a kid,

Never kept bolt catfish but if i had to pick that would be my favirote.

Out of the 5 species i have - , jaguar cats, spotted ,rapheal, juruense, vulture, and porthole shovelnose its tough because other than the spotted raph they all have pretty cool personalities.
I would probably pick the porthole not that its my favirote but i think it has allot of potential. Once it puts on some size i think its gonna be a stunning fish.

No recent pics but heres a vid

You have some awesome looking catfish! Love the jaguar catfish and the jurense. Spotted rapheals are cool too.

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Most if not all of these catfish would swallow my catfish whole, and would probably try eating my actual cats too if given the chance! o_O

I'll just sit in the back and observe from here in.. Nice fish guys. :D

A

AquaAlex1993

Most if not all of these catfish would swallow my catfish whole, and would probably try eating my actual cats too if given the chance! o_O

I'll just sit in the back and observe from here in.. Nice fish guys. :D
you keep corydoras? Hey they are welcome too. I love corys. :)

Reactions: Fishman Dave

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
you keep corydoras? Hey they are welcome too. I love corys. :)
My corys are almost impossible to photograph as they like to hide in the plants a lot and when they do come out they're damn quick! I'd be more likely to share my synos as I can actually get pictures of them sometimes...

...but considering every decent pic I have of them is already posted to MFK somewhere else, I think I'll save spamming this thread with repetitive pictures of tiny catfish :p

Reactions: DrownedFishonFire

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
bump - thinking a pellet eating lince/lance not sure what’s correct?

burntrubber

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2010
My corys are almost impossible to photograph as they like to hide in the plants a lot and when they do come out they're damn quick! I'd be more likely to share my synos as I can actually get pictures of them sometimes...
You sure you have cory cats? That is the exact opposite of what a cory will behave.

Reactions: dr exum
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store