Silver Arowana in community Aquarium

Vikkram

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
Coimbatore, India
Dear Monsterfishkeepers,

I have below fishes in my 240 gallon aquarium (96 inch length, 24 inch wide, 24 inch height) I am planning to move my 2 feet length Silver Arowana from my 75 gallon (4 feet tank) to my new 240 gallon. Can the Silver Arowana and my current fishes coexist and live happily? Kindly suggest.

Current stocking:
Tinfoil barbs x 6 (grown to 7 inches)
Blood parrot fish x 5 (grown to 5 inches)
Silver dollars x 8 (grown to 5 inches)
Bala sharks x 5 (grown to 6 - 7 inches)
Firemouth x 2 (grown to 3.5 inches)
Albino GiantGourami x 2 (for now its only 3 inches)
Koi carp x 2 (3.5 inches)

Please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance....

TheMoneyTank(TMT)

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2017
Dear Monsterfishkeepers,

I have below fishes in my 240 gallon aquarium (96 inch length, 24 inch wide, 24 inch height) I am planning to move my 2 feet length Silver Arowana from my 75 gallon (4 feet tank) to my new 240 gallon. Can the Silver Arowana and my current fishes coexist and live happily? Kindly suggest.

Current stocking:
Tinfoil barbs x 6 (grown to 7 inches)
Blood parrot fish x 5 (grown to 5 inches)
Silver dollars x 8 (grown to 5 inches)
Bala sharks x 5 (grown to 6 - 7 inches)
Firemouth x 2 (grown to 3.5 inches)
Albino GiantGourami x 2 (for now its only 3 inches)
Koi carp x 2 (3.5 inches)

Please reply as soon as possible.
Thanks in advance....
Most of them fish will be eaten by the arowana at the moment a 2ft arowana can easily eat a 5inch chubby parrot cichlid or 6 inch tinfoil if they were all 7 inches and above there wouldn't be a problem but firemouth are extremely slow growth when compared to other fish like koi and giant gourami (which will soon outgrow your aquarium along with the arowana)

Vikkram

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
Coimbatore, India
Okie MoneyTank,

Then I am not sure what to do with my Arowana. I have to wait until all other fishes in 240 gallon grows above 7 inch. Until then my aro has to be in my 4 feet tank :(

Drstrangelove

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Francisco
I recall a few of your threads and I just re-read some of them so I would be sure. You keep asking the same question and getting the same answer.

Dear Monsterfishkeepers,
Can the Silver Arowana and my current fishes coexist and live happily? Kindly suggest.
No. Not imo.

Instead of repeating what people have said, you can read the suggestions people gave you already in this and your other threads.

Last edited:

Vikkram

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 16, 2017
Coimbatore, India
I recall a few of your threads and I just re-read some of them so I would be sure. You keep asking the same question and getting the same answer.

No. Not imo.

Instead of repeating what people have said, you can read the suggestions people gave you already in this and your other threads.
Hmmm okie Drstrangelove.. I will do thay.

Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store