Snakehead Fishing in New Jersey

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Nah, there are already too many bass and pike.

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
Maybe they should stock some snakeheads in MN:D
Maybe they should stock some snakeheads and Asian Carps in Maine :D
I would like to see someone start a commercial fishing farm stocked with exotics like: Tiger fish, Greater snake heads, Peacock Bass, Arapimas, Vundo and other large catfish Like they have in Thailand. Florida would be a great place for such a fishing farm.
:popcorn:

joe jaskot

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 16, 2011
Clifton, NJ
I would like to see someone start a commercial fishing farm stocked with exotics like: Tiger fish, Greater snake heads, Peacock Bass, Arapimas, Vundo and other large catfish Like they have in Thailand. Florida would be a great place for such a fishing farm.
Many exotic fish have escaped into local Florida waters from fish farms due to flooding after hurricanes. Not a good idea.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Many exotic fish have escaped into local Florida waters from fish farms due to flooding after hurricanes. Not a good idea.
To be fair, Florida do have a commerical fishing farms already, through there's only barramundi and pacus so far.

jworth

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2008
Indianapolis
just what we need.... more paylakes. NOT! Count me out. The commercial fisherman take trophy fish from the wild to put in those stupid mud holes. They are destroying our rivers up here by taking all of our catfish out and sending them to mud puddles to die and be caught over and over. The world doesn't need pay lakes, the fisherman just need to get off of their lazy ***es and find out how to fish for them in their natural habitat.

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Yeah I'm not huge fan of paylakes, almost like canned hunts. They are for lazy fisherman/hunters with fat paychecks.

kevinfleming21

Jurassic Aquatics
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Chandler, AZ
just what we need.... more paylakes. NOT! Count me out. The commercial fisherman take trophy fish from the wild to put in those stupid mud holes. They are destroying our rivers up here by taking all of our catfish out and sending them to mud puddles to die and be caught over and over. The world doesn't need pay lakes, the fisherman just need to get off of their lazy ***es and find out how to fish for them in their natural habitat.

I'm gonna second this, although I secretly wanted to open an Arapima fishing lake LOL

Tequila

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
USA
This is only because those who have done such things in the past have never really given much thought to how to keep there stock in check if and when such and event happens. If one installed say a 3ft high or 5ft high chain linked rubber coated fence around the out limits of the pond or lake, nothing short of a Tsunami would wash the fish out of the enclosure.

Hardhead

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2012
West Deptford, NJ
Yes caught 3 in this same lake on sunday, biggest was 3 foot, so tempting to keep one for the tank, but we killed em even thouh i think there is no stopping them, you can see them swimming on the surface all over the place there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store