Started a YouTube channel!

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Thanks! Just planning on moving over my four bichirs one they get big enough. Not sure on plants or anything yet
Go for a surreal rock and wood hardscape, then add a "floating" driftwood island suspended from fishing line, add anubias and moss for better effect, you could also add a single American eel to the stock

Reactions: Matteus

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
Good job on the video!
Things like anubias and java ferns work well. As your polys get bigger they will squash or dig up rooted plants. You can try crypts, swords,val, but all mine were destroyed by the polys. If you like anubias like me its a rock solid choice, its pretty strong and doesent need to be planted. You can get a little more extravagant and use Bucephalandria which grows like anubias.
magpie magpie had a pretty heavily planted tank. Mine has quite a few plants in it too but mostly anubias and some bulb plants I can't think of the name atm. A few others my crew has let me keep for the moment.
Keep up the videos! I dont like being on camera so any video I have I try to stay out of.

Sarahmander

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2018
San Diego
Good job on the video!
Things like anubias and java ferns work well. As your polys get bigger they will squash or dig up rooted plants. You can try crypts, swords,val, but all mine were destroyed by the polys. If you like anubias like me its a rock solid choice, its pretty strong and doesent need to be planted. You can get a little more extravagant and use Bucephalandria which grows like anubias.
magpie magpie had a pretty heavily planted tank. Mine has quite a few plants in it too but mostly anubias and some bulb plants I can't think of the name atm. A few others my crew has let me keep for the moment.
Keep up the videos! I dont like being on camera so any video I have I try to stay out of.
Yeah, and I can't have anything that needs a lot of light because it stresses out polys. Low maintenance is how I'm going to keep it haha

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I just thought of something cool you could do. Get a bunch of long thing driftwood, think of a stick. And use fishing line to bind them together. Make a wall of driftwood long enough to go across the back of your tank then have anubias growing on it! Like say you have 2 sticky type pieces of driftwood bound together with fishing line, you let anubias take root between the 2 pieces of driftwood and eventually it'll create a wall of anubias!
I'm going to do this to my 75 now in addition to bamboo.
Btw if you're looking for plants that your fish can't kill, look into large bamboo. I can send you a few links for lucky bamboo upto 4 feet long.

Sarahmander

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2018
San Diego
I just thought of something cool you could do. Get a bunch of long thing driftwood, think of a stick. And use fishing line to bind them together. Make a wall of driftwood long enough to go across the back of your tank then have anubias growing on it! Like say you have 2 sticky type pieces of driftwood bound together with fishing line, you let anubias take root between the 2 pieces of driftwood and eventually it'll create a wall of anubias!
I'm going to do this to my 75 now in addition to bamboo.
Btw if you're looking for plants that your fish can't kill, look into large bamboo. I can send you a few links for lucky bamboo upto 4 feet long.
The drift wood thing is a really cool idea! It keeps with my "creepy, fantasy woods" theme

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Hehe, thanks. You could do it your way and once we both have ours up we can make a thread about it :D.
I just watched the video, this was the first chance I got to, and I know at least what type of plant it is. It's a hydro something. I had that same plant a while back given to me by a buddy online.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deadliestviper7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store