Sump and Plumbing for my 535. Need help

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Thanks again JK47 JK47 for all the help. I wouldn’t even be this far without your help. Thank you to N nzafi , Fish Tank Travis Fish Tank Travis , Eatsomekiwis Eatsomekiwis , J jaws7777 , and Woefulrelic Woefulrelic for helping me get this far.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Thanks again JK47 JK47 for all the help. I wouldn’t even be this far without your help. Thank you to N nzafi , Fish Tank Travis Fish Tank Travis , Eatsomekiwis Eatsomekiwis , J jaws7777 , and Woefulrelic Woefulrelic for helping me get this far.
My pleasure. It's been a fun build. Looks great and I am really happy to hear that BH situation is resolved for you. Sleep well sir

Reactions: mrrobxc

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
DN328 DN328 sorry for missing your name bro. Thanks for all your help as well.

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Rear plumbing is done. I’m a little unsure of the bonds with the manifolds to the threaded nuts. Couldn’t do my twist and having to glue three of them made them a little drier than I’d like when I was attaching them into place. Also, the schedule 80 threaded slip nuts tk the schedule 40 bulkheads were lose. I used a ton of plumbers tape I hope that holds.

Was wondering if after its setup and I have a leak, if I could use epoxy putty to seal any leaks permanently. Any tips?

BFEFECF5-723D-4FEE-8457-F4558C5C9803.jpeg

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
Rear plumbing is done. I’m a little unsure of the bonds with the manifolds to the threaded nuts. Couldn’t do my twist and having to glue three of them made them a little drier than I’d like when I was attaching them into place. Also, the schedule 80 threaded slip nuts tk the schedule 40 bulkheads were lose. I used a ton of plumbers tape I hope that holds.

Was wondering if after its setup and I have a leak, if I could use epoxy putty to seal any leaks permanently. Any tips?

View attachment 1308868
Here is the method I used for some of my poorly glued joints worked really well and fixed my leak

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA
Here is the method I used for some of my poorly glued joints worked really well and fixed my leak

Thank you very much!

mrrobxc

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Nov 29, 2012
SE PA

How did you apply the primer and glue? Did you just hold the ball thing up to the joint or did you use an applicator bottle?

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
How did you apply the primer and glue? Did you just hold the ball thing up to the joint or did you use an applicator bottle?
I just used the applicators that came with the pvc primer/cement. At first I tried capping the end and applying full vacuum to the pipe still leaked either I didn’t get enough primer and glue in the correct spot into the poorly glued joint or it had too much vacuum not sure then I drill the pvc cap 3/8” hole then tried again and bingo leak fixed. No issues for almost 2 years. The method definitely works you just need patience.

Reactions: mrrobxc
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store