neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
So im thinking about getting some pink tails. But i read that they get around 25cm and need to be kept in groups of 4 males and 6 females.

I was thinking about gettin 4 at max. Is there a fish that looks like them and stays a little smaller and can be kept in smaller groups?

Backfromthedead

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2017
Fredericksburg va
So im thinking about getting some pink tails. But i read that they get around 25cm and need to be kept in groups of 4 males and 6 females.

I was thinking about gettin 4 at max. Is there a fish that looks like them and stays a little smaller and can be kept in smaller groups?
Niger tetras look like pink tails and you could keep a large group in that tank.

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
So i decided on what to keep next in my tank. I wanted a fish that is most of the time visible. Because none of my fish right now are really visible. Most stay hiding the whole day long. So the plan is to add more ctenopoma's
This probably makes my ctenopoma less shy are makes them act as a group.
Im thinking about adding 2 or 3 of them. And im also thinking about getting a channa again or a couple if possible. I still have to decide which species of channa.

Anyone idea's for channa species? i have kept the andrao bleheri and guacha before. But im thinking about trying a parachanna species.

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
So did some rethinking. I might want to keep datnioides. I was thinking about the smaller ones of course. I can buy the datnioides-undecimradiatus for 15 euro's. They are really small then (around 4 cm). I got no experience with these fish.

Is it possible in my tank? And can i only keep 1? and are they possible with ctenopoma's?

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
So the plan is to go with 1 of these 2 set ups
2 - goldeel
1- knifefish afer
1- m. dayi
1 - common pleco
3 - ctenopoma aucis.
3 polypterus (1/delhezi1/senegal/1 orni)
1 channa maculata

of
2 - goldeel
1- knifefisch afer
1- m. dayi
1 - common pleco
3 - ctenopoma aucis.
1 Datnioides undecimradiatus

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
So the plan is to go with 1 of these 2 set ups
2 - goldeel
1- knifefish afer
1- m. dayi
1 - common pleco
3 - ctenopoma aucis.
1 channa maculata

of
2 - goldeel
1- knifefisch afer
1- m. dayi
1 - common pleco
3 - ctenopoma aucis.
1 Datnioides undecimradiatus
I would do the top one as I don’t think the tank is wide enough for a datnoid. I would be careful with the Channa as it can be hit or miss with them but it could all work out. I wouldn’t do the after knife fish though as they get too big for the tank. An African knife would be better or maybe a black ghost knife.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store