neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
How are the two bichirs getting along ?
I only have 1 orni. My senegalus died half a year ago. He had some bladder problems. Was floating the whole time and eventually after I tried treating him he died...

My orni. stays hiding at all times. Its sad because he is so beautiful but its just the way it is.

Last edited:

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Tomorrow im gone pick-up a Senegal bichir. He is around 14cm.
Do you guys think its save to put in the tank already? with a poly. orni thats 30cm and with the bullhead that are 30cm

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Tomorrow im gone pick-up a Senegal bichir. He is around 14cm.
Do you guys think its save to put in the tank already? with a poly. orni thats 30cm and with the bullhead that are 30cm
It’s should be big enough it won’t swallowed. Good chance it’ll get picked on though.

Reactions: neko1

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
my crenicichla sveni is starting to be more aggressive against my ctenopoma. It doesn't amount to much but it annoys me to see the ctenopoma hiding or turning sideways. What do you guys think, should I remove the sveni or just let them be?

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
my crenicichla sveni is starting to be more aggressive against my ctenopoma. It doesn't amount to much but it annoys me to see the ctenopoma hiding or turning sideways. What do you guys think, should I remove the sveni or just let them be?
Mine did the same to my smaller ctenopomas. I have a adult bush fish and the pikes leave it alone. Gotta get more plants and decor to break lines of sight. If ur lucky it’ll claim an area and be content. If not then I’d move the fish. The sveni will grow faster than the bush fish as well. So the bush fish will get picked on more.

Reactions: magpie and Bertie07

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Mine did the same to my smaller ctenopomas. I have a adult bush fish and the pikes leave it alone. Gotta get more plants and decor to break lines of sight. If ur lucky it’ll claim an area and be content. If not then I’d move the fish. The sveni will grow faster than the bush fish as well. So the bush fish will get picked on more.
my bushfish is already full-grown. More plants might be a solution but I also need the empty space for the bullheads. Im trying to rehome the bullheads but no one wants them.

I will try to make some more decor with wood.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
my bushfish is already full-grown. More plants might be a solution but I also need the empty space for the bullheads. Im trying to rehome the bullheads but no one wants them.

I will try to make some more decor with wood.
Eat um, as a kid I used to fish for bullheads in a local river, they were delicious, and easy to clean.
Nail their head to a board, and its easy rip the skin right off.
Here in Panama their larger cousins are all the rage.
The fishermen lop off the heads, and toss them on the beach, within a few moments the buzzards use almost all there is to use.

Last edited:
Reactions: neko1 and imabot

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Eat um, as a kid I used to fish for bullheads in a local river, they were delicious, and easy to clean.
Nail their head to a board, and its easy rip the skin right off.
Here in Panama their larger cousins are all the rage.
The fishermen lop off the heads, and toss them on the beach, within a few moments the buzzards use almost all there is to use.

i dont even eat pangasius after keeping one, six years ago.... I cant seem to kill my bullheads after keeping them for so long.They are so beautiful....

im srs thinking right now to just make an inside pond for them. I need to make 1 anyway for my turtles.

that beach looks so cool do

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
the delhezi is growing enormously fast. He went from 10cm to 15cm in a week. The agression from the sveni seems to have gone down. I dont know why it went down. But im glad. Im you look closely to the delhezi you can see the red thing coming out of his head. I know that some bichirs have it. What is it ? a sort of gill?

0-7.jpg

0-6.jpg

0-5.jpg

0-4.jpg

0-3.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store