neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Oh no!

Who got the lima? Pike? He may survive if you can quarantine him.
I think either the polypterus or the ctenopoma. I did a waterchange and im gone feed them every 2 days from now on. So that they will leave the little lima alone. He seems better now, he is kind of floating above the wood and resting on the wood.

Reactions: Matteus

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Maybe the eel chased both at night, causing the hujeta to jump out and the lima to crash into the driftwood (injuring it's eye). Heretrix has mentioned that dayi can be aggressive/territorial, so it might also be responsible for your bichir death. All 3 are long slender fish just like the dayi, and potential competitor to it.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/...el-m-dayi-vs-m-ellipsifer-vs-m-moorii.697669/
well his face got scratches aswell so I think he was bitten by something else then the eel. The bichir got teeth and he doesn't eat the food I give him well(he is kind of stupid I need to handfeed him otherwise he doesn't really eat) So I think he did it.

dayi can be aggressive but its only against his own species. I keep rope eels with him and he never attacked one of them. I can't seem to find the hejuta on the ground so I think he got ripped apart and devoured.

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
luckily the lima is stil alive and he seems to do fine. The only thing he is swimming with his head down the whole time. Is that normal? first I thought he had that floating problem but that doesn't seem to be it. He can swim normally but he just stays vertically. Is that normal my lima from before didn't used to do that?

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
lima is still doing fine... but now I got another problem.
First of all one of my ctenopoma died, it was the smallest ctenopoma I had.
I think the bichir did it. Probably the bichir also took the eye of my aver knife fish. Or it could be an infection. What do u guys think?

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I'm confused on your stocking now - can you list what you have?

What bichirs do you have now? Senegal and Ornate?

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
I'm confused on your stocking now - can you list what you have?

What bichirs do you have now? Senegal and Ornate?
2 rope eels
2 bullheads
1 aver knife
1 ctenopoma
1 polyp. ornitapitus
1 mast. dayi
1 plecostomus gibes
1 sorubim lima

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
My tank is quite full with wood. Its perfect because I have a lot of fish and hiding spots are nice so they dont attack each other.

But when my fish grow full size, do u guys think its better to remove the wood so they have more swimming space?

the stocking right now is:
1 serubim lima
2 bullhead catfish
1 pikecichlid (I dont know what type it is, but its a smaller species)
1 hypostomus plecostomus
2 gold eels / Erpetoichthys calabaricus
1 ctenopoma aucistrus
1 mastec. dayi
1 polypterus orni.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store