neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
I would do the top one as I don’t think the tank is wide enough for a datnoid. I would be careful with the Channa as it can be hit or miss with them but it could all work out. I wouldn’t do the after knife fish though as they get too big for the tank. An African knife would be better or maybe a black ghost knife.
Thanks for the advice. I bought the afer half a year or maybe a year ago. He's still growing. But he is around 20cm right now so its fine for now. I need to rehome him indeed but maybe after another year of half depending on his growth. They get around 60cm i thought?

Reactions: Bertie07

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
So then i need to buy 2 ctenopoma's and 1 channa obscura. I can get them both around 5cm for cheap. Does anyone know the growht rate of the ctenopoma auc. and the channa obscura?

Bertie07

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Aug 27, 2017
London
Thanks for the advice. I bought the afer half a year or maybe a year ago. He's still growing. But he is around 20cm right now so its fine for now. I need to rehome him indeed but maybe after another year of half depending on his growth. They get around 60cm i thought?
I think they get to about 80, I don’t know for sure but that’s what the internet says.

Reactions: neko1

neko1

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
im back, been a long time. Haahaha is awesome to see so many old pics of the tank. Looks really different since adding those silverdollars. HMP i cant keep plants :wall: but they are awesome

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store