Texas Cichlid Hybrids What to expect.

coltiger1975

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
Edmonton
I've also got a polar x carpintis female, she is round too. Post photo later but she has more pearls than the Texas convict so I will maybe try this. See how the blue and pearls come through. Probably washed out with a few nicer ones

coltiger1975

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
Edmonton
It's tail and fins are actually redder than the photos. My Texas x convict doesn't have the red at all, his pearls are not as distinct more in patches lol mostly convict body but has the sloped head. His sisters were shaped like female convicts

Jaxson_Beans

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2020
Reactions: coltiger1975

coltiger1975

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
Edmonton
I have some polar blue x srd flowerhorn fry but they're way too small yet to see how the pearls show yet. Be interesting to see if they show more. This spawn was not done on purpose so I wasn't really planning on keeping them. I'll remove some once they get bigger to see what they turn out like

Jaxson_Beans

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2020
I have some polar blue x srd flowerhorn fry but they're way too small yet to see how the pearls show yet. Be interesting to see if they show more. This spawn was not done on purpose so I wasn't really planning on keeping them. I'll remove some once they get bigger to see what they turn out like
I'm not gonna lie I would be interested in some females off this cross for some projects.

coltiger1975

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
Edmonton
I've seen some photos of convict FH mixes. Some look nice, I'd imagine there be a chance of more blue in these. This polar blue x carpintis I got definitely got more pearls,

Jaxson_Beans

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2020
I've seen some photos of convict FH mixes. Some look nice, I'd imagine there be a chance of more blue in these. This polar blue x carpintis I got definitely got more pearls,
keep me posted I definitely may want to snag some up for some other projects.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store