Texas Cichlid Hybrids What to expect.

Thewyatt15

Exodon
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2021
Missouri
You mentioned earlier in this thread red tiger mota x texas and i have two fry at two invhes from said cross. Mota was female texas was male. The two are strikingly different and so far no red devlopements. Their pearls are out of this world though. Think brain pearling with sharper edges, like aztec spirals ?‍?. The two are very different from one another and i plan on growing them out to about the 4 in mark to make some more major decisions. Also texas x lyonsi over here.

Reactions: Jaxson_Beans

Jaxson_Beans

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2020
Sh
You mentioned earlier in this thread red tiger mota x texas and i have two fry at two invhes from said cross. Mota was female texas was male. The two are strikingly different and so far no red devlopements. Their pearls are out of this world though. Think brain pearling with sharper edges, like aztec spirals ?‍?. The two are very different from one another and i plan on growing them out to about the 4 in mark to make some more major decisions. Also texas x lyonsi over here.
Should post the examples of them would love to see both. I saw Texas X mota the other day on Fb it looked better then Texas X jagaur

Jaxson_Beans

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2020
I have some polar blue x srd flowerhorn fry but they're way too small yet to see how the pearls show yet. Be interesting to see if they show more. This spawn was not done on purpose so I wasn't really planning on keeping them. I'll remove some once they get bigger to see what they turn out like
any update on how these are doing/ developing

Jaxson_Beans

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 21, 2020
If this is who i think it is i think we've talked on Instagram, how are the lysoni x texas looking these days. ill be sure to send you a Dm on Insta just to see

Reactions: Thewyatt15

coltiger1975

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
Edmonton
the Texas con male has no interest in the polar blue x carpintis female. She is totally willing but he just ignores her and chases her off. I think the male is infertile as he even didnt react to convict female as well. He chases the male Jade eyes despite one of the females trying to court. Not the first attempts with males of this cross to be unsuccessful. The females always lay eggs

coltiger1975

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 31, 2016
Edmonton
My friend has fry from this pair. Has anyone had such a cross? What will hybrids look like?

View attachment 1511382

View attachment 1511383
apparently this is a frequent thing these days, a few photos of severum hybrids now. The main proof is showing the whole process, laying eggs together, with their spawns etc. There are photos showing such severum hybrids or central to south hybrids. Not that I don't believe this is true, I have had cichlids get together and try to spawn but failed. Jag and Oscar, convict and jewel, severum and Festae, salvini and blue acara.

Reactions: HybridFinatic
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store