MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
Reactions: HybridFinatic

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
hm, always wondered what you'd get if you crossed carpintis with the blue from hrps.
Do it lol. I’m doing Cuban x HRP right now. You should get one of Cichlids Dojo’s extra, smaller subdominant male he’s getting ready to part with shortly and cross to one of your bluest females that are grown a bit. Should be much easier to get a good result then what I’m attempting.

Last edited:

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
hm, always wondered what you'd get if you crossed carpintis with the blue from hrps.
You’d have to find out yourself since it hasn’t really been done. Easy to source and relatively easy to do. Could get some cool F1s. But it would take 2-3 more gens to get something really nice. But your looking at a dwarf carpintis essentially. Won’t have to worry about blue lol. But your going to have to chase pearls and shape a bit.

Hybridfish7

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2017
You’d have to find out yourself since it hasn’t really been done. Easy to source and relatively easy to do. Could get some cool F1s. But it would take 2-3 more gens to get something really nice. But your looking at a dwarf carpintis essentially. Won’t have to worry about blue lol. But your going to have to chase pearls and shape a bit.
If polar blue x texas (which I was responding to) has been done, then I'd say I have my answer already

Reactions: HybridFinatic

HybridFinatic

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2018
Virginia
If polar blue x texas (which I was responding to) has been done, then I'd say I have my answer already
Ah I didn’t realize that. Yeah you did get an answer I suppose lol. But too be completely honest that is just an F1 cull from mid quality parents. It can get much much better. I wouldn’t let that result discount anything or tell the whole story per say.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store