The Creation Of Blood Parrot Cichlids (Pure Cruelty)

Do You Think It Is Okay To Breed and Sell This Fish

• I am Against Breeding, Buying, and Selling Blood Parrot Cichlids

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • I think It Is Okay To Breed, Buy, and Sell Blood Parrot Cichlids

Votes: 26 53.1%

• Total voters

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I dont like them at all but is it much different than most of our dogs. Many of them if not most were involved in selective breeding to porduce more pronounced desired traits.

Southjerseycichlidz

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
Either way hybrids are going to be created its kind of inevitable.. Personally don't mind them but can see where people would not want them to be created

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
They're basically the equivalent of pugs.

I should also add, they tend to have the intelligence of amphs; so despite being "retarded", they're pretty smart for a fish

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I'm not sure which is worse...BPs or the goldfish that have boobs for eyes.

Reactions: AlG

smitty03281964

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
May 5, 2010
Yeadon, Pennsylvania USA
Personally I think it is human cruetly and selfishness. But I wonder how is it okay for blood parrots to be that way but if you went to the fish store and seen a guppy, Jack Dempsey or any other fish shaped like that we would not dare allow the store to sell it to us because we would consider it deformed. However because humans intentionally breed blood parrots to look like that it is okay.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
it boils down to money and a market of mostly new hobbyists who see something unique and buy it. I absolutely hate fancy goldfish, BPs, and in all honesty any animal that is bred to have desired deformities. I don't own any hybrid/selectively linebred fish like those and never will but I also know it will always be part of any hobby when keeping live animals-greed will always prevail over the purity in a hobby.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Personally I think it is human cruetly and selfishness. But I wonder how is it okay for blood parrots to be that way but if you went to the fish store and seen a guppy, Jack Dempsey or any other fish shaped like that we would not dare allow the store to sell it to us because we would consider it deformed. However because humans intentionally breed blood parrots to look like that it is okay.
my mother has several guppies with arched backs in her tank, loves them to death and won't let me cull them to my odoe...lol

xraycer

Arapaima
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2013
Southern NH USA
This sorta reminds me of a law case I've heard about: a deaf couple, who apparently are so proud to be deaf, wants to have their children 'medically made deaf' so the children would be just like them

divemaster99

Dovii
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
it boils down to money and a market of mostly new hobbyists who see something unique and buy it. I absolutely hate fancy goldfish, BPs, and in all honesty any animal that is bred to have desired deformities. I don't own any hybrid/selectively linebred fish like those and never will but I also know it will always be part of any hobby when keeping live animals-greed will always prevail over the purity in a hobby.
This is where it's nice to keep wild caught natives like we do. You know they were naturally bred by nature so they almost certainly have a stable and healthy gene pool, have survived natural selection, and have grown up in a clean and cruelty free environment.

I can also say that I'll never own blood parrots or fancy goldfish and in general I'm not even a fan of manmade coloration and prefer natural, although I have nothing against abnormally colored animals if it was done humanely and it does not in any way make that animal unhealthy or handicapped. I'm not a huge fan of manmade hybrids either, but I do like the common naturally spawned ones like Lepomis sps. hybrids.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store