The Development of Andinoacara Rivulatus (white & gold saum)

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
7 Weeks:
Starting to look like little green terrors now as they have thickened up considerably, but are still only about 3/4" long. They don't have much color yet other than the full pink bellies after they eat. But there is a tinge of green just starting to come through now. They are not nearly as skittish when I approach the tank either. They have started to recognize me as their food source.baby T.jpg Baby T2.jpg

Reactions: MrsE88 and Jexnell

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
I'll call this the two month update. They grew enough to where I noticed I had to cull a few because of obvious deformities. And I lost a couple others for some unknown reason. I'd estimate that I still have about 40 out of the 50 fry I originally started withbaby terror1.jpg baby terror2.jpg baby terror3.jpg

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Subbed:)

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
Most are around 3/4" long. The biggest change is that they have thickened up. I can definitely see some size difference between the larger and smaller individuals now.

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
So we are about 2 and half months in. I thought these guys would be bigger overall by now. I'm guessing they won't be a sellable size for at least a few more months. Here a few pics of the fry and a couple other pics I took of the parents who continue to spawn every few weeks. You can really see the green scales coming through on the juvies, but not much of anything on whether they'll be gold, silver, or yellow yet.baby terror 2.jpg baby terror1.jpg terror1.jpg terror2.jpg terror3.jpg

Reactions: Jexnell and MrsE88
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store