The Development of Andinoacara Rivulatus (white & gold saum)

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
And we have another batch of swimmers...
IMG_20180830_141528.jpg IMG_20180830_141451.jpg

On a related note anyone looking for a healthy and very fertile female green terror? I want my male to bulk up and not spend his time running from this girl here.

Reactions: MrsE88 and Jexnell

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
If I shipped you'd probably end up with a soggy box and a dried up dead fish.

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
If I shipped you'd probably end up with a soggy box and a dried up dead fish.
Check with your LFS, especially if it has an online sales section already. They may be able to ship it for you. The Wet Spot near me does this. Take the fish there, they pack and ship it out.

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
Been a while since I updated this thread. I didn't see a single baby that had the white seam out of about 50. I still have about 25 or so remaining (split amongst 3 tanks) after trading in a some to my LFS. I kept a small group of some of the bigger more colorful juvies just to see what they become. Pretty shocked at how long it took to grow them to a sellable size. Just now they look to be about the size you'd see at an LFS.baby terrors1.jpg

Reactions: MrsE88

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
I'm wondering if the white seam is just a recessive trait and would need both parents to pass it along in order for it to show on any of the offspring.

astrocreep

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2018
Tulsa, OK
I'm wondering if the white seam is just a recessive trait and would need both parents to pass it along in order for it to show on any of the offspring.
i just brought up that same question in the other recent thread.

if i do wind up with a white seam female, it is okay to breed back to the father right? I read that inbreeding in cichlids is not always a bad thing?

astrocreep

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2018
Tulsa, OK
i have reason to believe that a white crossed with a white will = white seams

gold may be the more dominant gene which would explain why you dont see many white saums.

also the Stahlsbergi (Peruvian GT) also has white seams but IS a different species.......i think

Reactions: steven haines
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store