The Development of Andinoacara Rivulatus (white & gold saum)

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Mine are just coloring up more on their seams. Some look orange and others more like pale yellow. No outright whites that I can see:/

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
Yes, I definitely see some yellow and then others that start orange by the head then fade out to a yellow as you move towards the tail. I'm holding on to at least a few males (if I guess correctly) just to see how they turn out as adults. Would be kinda cool to have a tank with large males all with different color seams.

And if by chance I keep one that turns out female it would be interesting to see what a spawn would look like between them. Guessing it would remain a yellow color for them as well. Looking like you may need two whites in order to produce more whites.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrsE88

MrsE88

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2017
Same here. Orange on the top dorsal fin that fades out to very pale yellow. Maybe it will be a fade to white as they grow? I too want to keep a couple and see how they turn out. I already have my eye on a couple of them.

Reactions: Spence

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
Maybe we can figure out a swap once we see how they look to breed them to each other. Would be better than breeding the siblings to each other.

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
So here are 3 that have been in my main tank somewhere around 6 mos old and 3 or so inches long. Any guesses on sex? I think dominant male; sub male; then female. But I'm wrong more than I'm right when sexing young terrors.Fish1.jpg Fish 2.jpg fish 3.jpg

astrocreep

Piranha
MFK Member
May 30, 2018
Tulsa, OK
Still no white seams?

How sure are you on gender? I only ask because I am terrible at figuring that out. I have a fish that i thought for sure was a male due to color in fins but after a year now of growing out is what I am pretty sure is a female.

I agree that top and middle pics above look male and bottom pic looks female, but ive been wrong

Last edited:

Spence

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2015
MA
Still no white seams?

How sure are you on gender? I only ask because I am terrible at figuring that out. I have a fish that i thought for sure was a male due to color in fins but after a year now of growing out is what I am pretty sure is a female.
Not a single white seam as far as I can tell. And I'd say its 50-50 that I sexed each fish correctly :).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store