The MONSTER Fluval G series!!!

robroy

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
BC, Canada
Saw the review on the Practical iwebsite-overpriced and top unit only rated at 1000lph. Looks nice bit me thinks its pants :shakehead

dr_sudz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 6, 2006
Wiarton, Ontario
www.fishinabox.ca
I am very conserned with this model that they are hyping something and I think it may just bust. I remember when the fx5 came out I think there was a lot of buzz but now I know there are even more mixed reviews. I am not big on hyped things, movies that are good never seem as good once they hype it up.

Jgray152

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2006
NH
The thread title is misleading. The Fluval G is by no means, a monster

Gator

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2007
Ohio
sites.google.com
fwiffo;3420341; said:
lol! its a love machine not an aquarium filter!

seriously though, i think the fluval g is meant to compete with the eheim electronic canister filters. the fluval g seems to have a digital display and such, like the eheim electronic filters. the fx5 and the fluval g are just sisters, with the latter being more advanced and such.
Gotta agree with this post. It looks like it is completely aimed at competing with the Eheim Electronic filters. here is a copy and paste fromt he website discribing the functions and display.

"Fluval G's Hydrotech Performance Monitor an intelligent system capable of monitoring vital functions such as flow rate, conductivity and water temperature, while displaying results in numerical and graph format as well as providing maintenance alerts on the interactive LCD screen."

And about the mechanical filter cartridges.
"The traditional mechanical filtration foam has been replaced with a compact high capacity pleated cartridge, which traps much more suspended debris. With regular rinsing waste can be removed from the aquarium water before it breaks down, thus resulting in a heather aquarium."

Looks like it is reusable.

If Fluval is smart after 3 years of Development they will have a filter that works just as well if not better than the Eheim Electronic series just without the heavy price tag.

rnocera

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Gator;3456719; said:
Gotta agree with this post. It looks like it is completely aimed at competing with the Eheim Electronic filters. here is a copy and paste fromt he website discribing the functions and display.........

......If Fluval is smart after 3 years of Development they will have a filter that works just as well if not better than the Eheim Electronic series just without the heavy price tag.

Um, you can get the Eheim Pro III from Drs. Foster & Smith for $379. It's also 450 GPH, which is 1,700 LPH- almost twice the water movement. Half the product for $200 more? I don't see much competition here.

Gator

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 10, 2007
Ohio
sites.google.com
rnocera;3456855; said:
Um, you can get the Eheim Pro III from Drs. Foster & Smith for $379. It's also 450 GPH, which is 1,700 LPH- almost twice the water movement. Half the product for $200 more? I don't see much competition here.
LOL just Google searched the G series for more info to see wtf you were talking about (sorry no ESP here). The info I found thanks to Google on another site included the price tag on the G3 and G6 $500 and $580 respectively. But if the prices are correct there will be a lot of Fluval G series filters sitting on the LFS shelves collecting dust. But some people will still buy it with the justification of what the filter tells you on the nice LED screen plus the fact its new and shinny, and that there will always be Eheim people and Fluval people and those that flip flop between the two.

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
I can't wait to see it, but if you put aside LED digital readout and the high-tech electronics, I wonder if it will truly be BETTER than the FX5 in performance. Right now, at this time, can FLUVAL get much better than the FX5?

Jgray152

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2006
NH
I can't wait to see it, but if you put aside LED digital readout and the high-tech electronics, I wonder if it will truly be BETTER than the FX5 in performance. Right now, at this time, can FLUVAL get much better than the FX5?
They COULD better the FX5, maybe call it the Fx6 or something by redesigning the inside similar to how I have mine modded and putting the pump at the top instead of the bottom. They could also have a miniature purge float valve so that the air is purged no matter when the pump is on or off without any 2 minute shut down cycles.

I Would like to remove the electronics from my Fx5 and install a poppet valve. Some similar but smaller to this http://www.plastomatic.com/arv.html
or maybe even this http://www.valvedirectory.com/valve_air_release_03.html

mkman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2005
CA
Fluval should have spent the money makign the fluval fx10, a filter that can handle 10 gallons of media making it a monster :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store