Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Reactions: TheWolfman

TheWolfman

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2010
Long island, NY
Today is the end of a ongoing battle that I've been dealing with for over two years. My black Arowana has passed. He was never outgoing enough to keep up with my Bass. This morning I looked into my Aquarium and found the Bass hassling the Arowana. They were nipping at his tail and beat him up pretty good overnight. They were chasing him around the tank so I ran out to my garage to grab a spare 75 to setup for him. By the time I got back he was floating vertically. I think he must have jumped and hit his head. I moved him over the the hospital tank where his condition didn't improve. By the afternoon he was no longer breathing. I'm really devastated about this. The Arowana was the one who always did the chasing so I'm not sure why the tables turned, but they did fast. He messured 22" and was close to 4 pounds.
IMG_0209.JPG

tcav88

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2017
Ohio
Today is the end of a ongoing battle that I've been dealing with for over two years. My black Arowana has passed. He was never outgoing enough to keep up with my Bass. This morning I looked into my Aquarium and found the Bass hassling the Arowana. They were nipping at his tail and beat him up pretty good overnight. They were chasing him around the tank so I ran out to my garage to grab a spare 75 to setup for him. By the time I got back he was floating vertically. I think he must have jumped and hit his head. I moved him over the the hospital tank where his condition didn't improve. By the afternoon he was no longer breathing. I'm really devastated about this. The Arowana was the one who always did the chasing so I'm not sure why the tables turned, but they did fast. He messured 22" and was close to 4 pounds.
View attachment 1417010
Damn brotha idk what I would do without mine ?

dr exum

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2007
Northwest
Damn ....

sucks....

I’m thinking I’m gonna have to rethink my 14” black arow I just added... I saw the Orino nip it...

These bass...

I know where a 7” one is if you feel inclined to replace it..

sorry again... I like the arrow I think more than the bass...

Reactions: TheWolfman

cigars

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 3, 2011
northern va
View attachment 1417010
Damn sorry for the loss. I have only had one successful arrow/pbass combo but it was only one arrow and one pbass and three dats, since then I have tried twice with arrow/bass combo and have had no success it seems to work well when the bass are smaller once the bass get some size at feeding time the arrow always would get battered when the bass strike the food at the surface. So after the loss of 2 arrows I gave up on the combination

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store