The team (my polys)

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Your water quality will improve with a larger tank volume.

If you're only talking a few months until you upgrade, might be better to return that and use the money toward a filter that will work on your 120/180.
Thanks everyone! I ended up returning the canister filter. Current plan is: looking for acrylic 120/180 with a sump. Don’t want to worry about having to move anything heavy or glass exploding.

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
thanks, everyone. I wanted to update on here, cause I love this forum and my poly family. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to post as much with my new job...I have to be on the computer a lot more, so my eyes get tired. The polys are all well, although Pinky tried to eat a snail yesterday smh. Yes, the snails are still there too. Plants are still alive lol. Moke still has the crazy eyes, but is very inquisitive especially about Tilapia and faces. Soba is gentle and graceful; he enjoys freediving, eating small bites and hanging out with Moke and Macaroni. Macaroni is dramatic when she's fussy, but loves to dance and swim. Pinky is-as always-up to shenanigans and loves to zoom. The del still loves to bury., but might be the real tank boss? Going to be posting a flood of pictures soon.

In other news, I was accepted to several Physical Therapy school programs. I was on track to start this year in August, but because of a low back injury, my PT school acceptance was deferred until next year. Although I'm grateful to still get to do the program in a year, my enrollment is contingent upon me being able to meet the minimum physical requirements to lift 100+ pounds. This might or might not happen according to my spine doctor. This was never an issue in the past, as I was a personal trainer and did weightlifting. I guess it's disappointing cause everything was going so well and I had a career "figured out." PT would be a great career fit due to my active lifestyle, need to move around, and exercise experience/knowledge. Guess will just have to wait it out. If I'm not allowed to do the program, not sure what's next. I'm just thankful that I can walk, exercise, think, read, enjoy nature/animals, and interact with the lovely polys and their people who are on this forum.

twentyleagues

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2017
Flint town!
thanks, everyone. I wanted to update on here, cause I love this forum and my poly family. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to post as much with my new job...I have to be on the computer a lot more, so my eyes get tired. The polys are all well, although Pinky tried to eat a snail yesterday smh. Yes, the snails are still there too. Plants are still alive lol. Moke still has the crazy eyes, but is very inquisitive especially about Tilapia and faces. Soba is gentle and graceful; he enjoys freediving, eating small bites and hanging out with Moke and Macaroni. Macaroni is dramatic when she's fussy, but loves to dance and swim. Pinky is-as always-up to shenanigans and loves to zoom. The del still loves to bury., but might be the real tank boss? Going to be posting a flood of pictures soon.

In other news, I was accepted to several Physical Therapy school programs. I was on track to start this year in August, but because of a low back injury, my PT school acceptance was deferred until next year. Although I'm grateful to still get to do the program in a year, my enrollment is contingent upon me being able to meet the minimum physical requirements to lift 100+ pounds. This might or might not happen according to my spine doctor. This was never an issue in the past, as I was a personal trainer and did weightlifting. I guess it's disappointing cause everything was going so well and I had a career "figured out." PT would be a great career fit due to my active lifestyle, need to move around, and exercise experience/knowledge. Guess will just have to wait it out. If I'm not allowed to do the program, not sure what's next. I'm just thankful that I can walk, exercise, think, read, enjoy nature/animals, and interact with the lovely polys and their people who are on this forum.
You are the man......ummm so to speak.

Good luck with the program, back injuries suck. Ive had one from a young age and it pops back up from time to time. But over all its ok for the most part I can still lift over 100lbs do it daily and often. I can bench 300 still and my back muscles are probably my strongest muscles in my body. Most of the time as long as I'm prepared for the weight I'm good. Its when someone jumps on me or I didnt take a second to ready myself is when I pay for it. Example- shoveling snow does me in every year at least 2 times for about a week.

Reactions: clm08k

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Good luck homes. These spine injuries are life changers. Dont be stupid like i was. I didnt take it seriously and paid for it with 2 surgeries and potentially another one possibly 2 more

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store