Thinking about a poly...

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
+1 for Team Purple ! :) Here's my recent photo.

View attachment 1278606
Looks good. I think I need the red garnet though to bring some more light to my tank. Since I changed from white sand to black sand my tank has been so much darker even with my lighting. I think the Red would bring out a bit more light and some awesome poly colors. Also what do you guys normally pay for 40-50lb bag? Turns out there is a company near me that could possibly supply some after performing a quick google search. Hopefully they sell it and in red or purple.

Reactions: FishBeast

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
I doubt I will switch to the red or purple garnet sand. I will probably leave my black diamond blasting sand that I already have in there. I like it a lot with the overall look of my tank. It also helps keep my fire eels' bodies nice and dark.

Now, I just have to figure out what to do with the goldfish that are in my 29 so I can clear it out to use as my grow out. I really like the size of the 29 for a grow out because it is super easy and quick to do massive water changes on. If only I could change the water on my 220 that quick. Lol

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
I doubt I will switch to the red or purple garnet sand. I will probably leave my black diamond blasting sand that I already have in there. I like it a lot with the overall look of my tank. It also helps keep my fire eels' bodies nice and dark.

Now, I just have to figure out what to do with the goldfish that are in my 29 so I can clear it out to use as my grow out. I really like the size of the 29 for a grow out because it is super easy and quick to do massive water changes on. If only I could change the water on my 220 that quick. Lol
here is a quick way to drain that 220 to any level the bottom one has a 580 gph pump you can drain 50% in 11 min

http://www.jehmco.com/html/safety_siphon_aquarium_drain.html

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
Reactions: jaws7777

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
zoomed.com