Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
IMG_1658.JPG Over flows are finally done! I had to wait untill I had some of the styrofoam carved out so I wouldnt waist any of the epoxy

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
IMG_1695.JPG Tonight's post is about safty. While mixing part B with alcohol some of it splashed in my eye. OUCH! I cheched the MSDS or SDS, or MSD, or what ever OSHA call them now. I spent my valentines evening flushing my eye out with the kitchen sink sprayer. 3 series of 10 min, and a whole bottle of saline contact solution.

The whole time I was flushing my eye, all I could think about was, man, I'm glad I didnt mix in part A, or it would have set by now.

Finished mixing, coated a few sections, and back to flush the eye again.

From now on, eye protection!!

Last edited:

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
IMG_1708.JPG The plan was to get the whole background siliconed in first,then epoxy then paint but a few areas would be hard to reach so I will pre-paint to them. This will be the base color, will brush reds, oranges and brown to it

Raw sienna 7

Reactions: jsc

jsc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2005
Bethlehem, PA
Looks good! How's the eye?

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Looks good! How's the eye?
Thanks, and thanks for asking. Eye feels like I went off a diving board with my eyes open, but should be back to 100% in a day or too. Lesson learned! It was not a fun night last night that is for sure

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017

Quit yer whinin' ...the good Lord saw fit to bless you with two eyes ;)

Lookin' good man. You may have said (my memory sucks as I get older) but what's all the holes for...guessing holes for live plants since its a discus tank?
Most of them are for plants, some are to act as light lenses, and some are to reduse the buoyancy of the styrofoam. I want to have a lot of plants with as little substrate as possible. I have some work to do on them so they don't look so round.

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
IMG_1719.JPG IMG_1718.JPG Now for the hard part. Picking out colors, and even harder making them work. Just experimenting here, not final. Iridescent copper for underside of shelf to reflect the under water LED.

Reactions: DRteugelsi and jsc
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store