Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Those lights are nuts! Everything is coming along nicely.
Thanks. They will be a low blue, that slowly transitions to a light green. So slow you will not notice. I will have to tweek the spectrum depending on the background. Dark background is my favorite, but my discus pepper with it. Even with pure white sand. Looking at buff, tan, off white floor. I am going to try and cast shadows to make it look dark and try to trick the fish.

Reactions: stempy

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Changed my mind about some of the layers.

Working on the background instead of the overflows because of epoxy rationing. Will finish footings when I start covering the styrifoam with pond shield.

IMG_1604.JPG

IMG_1603.JPG

Reactions: stempy

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
Finally installed the overflows that I have been procrastinating about. This one will house a 2" drain and the 1" intake from my Fx6. I was going to drill another 1" hoke to access the tank but decided to run the intake line over the top of the overflow out of view.

Sealed with silicone and secured with my favorite, pocket hole screws. Makes for an extra step filling the holes, but I love the way they install.

IMG_1641.JPG

IMG_1643.JPG

IMG_1645.JPG

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
IMG_1650.JPG The footings and PVC track system that I built saved me in this side. It was just a little off square. With the footings, tracks, pocket holes, and a lot of silicone it snugged up nicely.

I did it this way because I felt that sicking my arm down was n this thing to smooth out silicone would be WAY easier than trying to epoxy and fiberglass it.

This side will be the return from the Fx6 and Sp6. Out of view there will be three 1.5" bulkheads for a smooth return.

Small emergency spillway, that I doubt I will need was also cut out of the top.

This box will also house the heaters.

Santa Fe Discus

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2017
IMG_1683.JPG Working on the area under the shelf. I just realized that I will have to paint this section before I glue the shelf on top of it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store