TN, KY, GA, AL, MS, NC, SC MEET!!!!!

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
Hello Southeastern MFKers!!! :):):)

I'm planning a MFK Meet that will consist of several different activities like canoeing, kayaking, fishing, camping, shopping, and maybe some offroad trail riding for people that have 4x4 or fourwheelers they can bring. We can also take a tour at the Jack Daniels Distillery if people are interested.

First off, all of this will take place in Lewisburg, TN. Lewisburg is located 1 hr south of Nashville just off of I-65. I plan on doing a lot of grilling out for everyone who comes so a lot of the food will be provided by myself.

I would love to make this a 3 day(weekend) event so we can squeeze in all the activities I would like for us to do. Camping may be an option if this does become a weekend get away for some of the out of state folks. There are also plenty of nice hotels located just off of I-65 if you like a nice warm bed.

For the ladies interested, my wonderful wife will also be accompaning us on this meet. She will be right there with us canoeing, fishing, and what not. But if some of the ladies would like to venture off and do a little shopping then my wife would love to take you to several of the nice shopping malls we have nearby. Please bring your spouses, they are welcomed too and there will be plenty going on to keep everyone pleased with this get together.

I would like for this Meet to take place anytime between May and July.

All I need from you guys is a little info on when and what you would like to do. From the activities I listed please post what you are willing to participate in and how many people you think you will bring including yourself.

Please copy and paste the form below in your reply and fill in blanks and choose what dates you can attend including # of days you will be with us.

Dates

May 1,2,3
May 8,9,10
I have a wedding to attend the weekend of the 15th
May 22,23,24
May 29,30,31

June 5,6,7
June 12,13,14
Another wedding to attend!!!
June 26,27,28

July 10,11,12
July 17,18,19
July 24,25,26

Number of people attending: ____

How many days I can attend: ____ (1,2,3)?

Willing to camp out(if staying more than one day)? Yes/No

Rather get a hotel room? Yes/no

Activities I would like to do: ____

*canoeing
*kayaking
*fishing
*trail riding with trucks and/or fourwheelers<~~(bring your own!!!)
*touring the famous Jack Daniels Distillery
*visit Downtown Nashville
*shopping
*and of course visit some local fish stores!!!

Here are a few websites if your interested

www.woolysoffroad.com 500+ acres of trails:headbang2:headbang2

www.aquaticcritter.com

www.coolspringsgalleria.com for the ladies;)

www.jackdaniels.com

http://www.geocities.com/riverratcanoe/Welcome_.html River Rats Canoe Rental on the Duck River. Their motto "you deserve a good paddling"!

Thanks and please feel free to ask me any questions you may have!!!

Jamie and Missy :)

**Almost forgot, for the people that are camping out, I will provide my utilities for anyone who wants to take a shower the next morning.

I have sent out a few PMs to people that I know are local to TN. Please spread the word to other MFKers/ACers that you think would be interested, Thanks.

HiImSean

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2007
kennesaw, ga
sounds like a great idea. im pretty busy this summer but id like to try to squeeze this in

Dates

May - doesn't work, finishing up school and going to japan for 2 weeks.
June - I'm prolly having surgery in early june so ill be down for most of the month

July can work for me

Number of people attending: prolly 1

How many days I can attend: 2

Willing to camp out(if staying more than one day)? Yes

Rather get a hotel room? no preference, camping saves money

*canoeing
*kayaking
*fishing
*trail riding with trucks and/or fourwheelers
*visit Downtown Nashville
*and of course visit some local fish stores!!!

Noto

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2008
The South
I'd like to come if I can, but I really don't know where I'll be in the summer. If I can make it I'll bring some seines so we can find some of the more than 150 fish species native to the Duck. All of you will become native converts! :D

I'm definitely interested in camping, canoeing, and fishing. I'll be happy to go along on any local tours too, though I've seen most of the sights in that part of the state.

SusieQ

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2007
Killingworth Ct. USA
Hi Jamie.... Sounds like a lot of fun..
Our schedule depends on when we are gonna be in Ct with the grandkids and that's not set yet... yes it will have to be warm weather..HAHA..
I have a feeling that May is out but June or July might work.. There would be 2 of us and I know in addition to the canoeing/kayaking/ 4 wheeling etc my husband would love to see the Jack Daniels Distillery.. Probably 2 days would be the max as we have to get a dog sitter for the 2 kids..
I think a good old bbq would work and most of us could probably bring some goodies.. How big's your yard.... Don't know if anyone would also be interested in fish swapping/ fish tank equip trading etc like they do at the simplydiscus meetings.. It would be a good chance to trade between ourselves and help each other out...
Keep me posted as things move along.. I think you will probably have more folks in July and that would probably work for us as well.. We'll have to see as it gets closer... Great idea tho... Sue...:D:D:D

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
Good idea Jamie. I can probably attend for at least one day any time except the weekend of June 6. Who knows what will come up by then, but I don't know of anything planned.

Number of people attending: __1__

How many days I can attend: _1 maybe 2___ (1,2,3)?

Rather get a hotel room? Yes/no nopreference

*canoeing
*kayaking
*fishing

Others that you didn't list that could be fun
hiking
Native fish collecting

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
Looks like a good response so far! I also posted this on AC in hopes of having a bigger croud.

So far it's looking like the end of July will be the best for everyone so DON'T MAKE ANY PLANS!!!!;):)

Please help spread the word to other MFKers and ACers that I may have missed. And remember, ALL spouses are welcome!!! There will be plenty of things going on so that everyone is entertained.

I will keep everyone posted as I get everything scheduled. In the meantime, happy MFKing!

Jamie

TrueBlack

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 28, 2009
Bartlett / Memphis, TN
Hello Jamie, very excellent idea. My wife and I would be able to attend, and don't have a date preference, but it seems that July is the direction things seem to be leaning so far.

Number of people attending: __2__

How many days I can attend: __ 2___ (1,2,3)?

Rather get a hotel room? No preference

*canoeing
*fishing
*hiking

Another suggestion of something I also enjoy:
Rock Climbing, Bouldering

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
fishfarm;2844721; said:
The ACA convention is July 30-Aug 2 Ken

Thanks for replying Ken! Nothing is set in stone yet, I will try my best to pick the best weekend for everyone to attend.

MODS, please help.....

I forgot to add this link and desription in my original post

http://www.state.tn.us/environment/parks/HenryHorton/index.shtml

This park has it all, a restaurant, lodging, camp sites, golf course, swimming pool, nice pavillions where we can all grill out and sit down and enjoy the food. The Duck River also runs through the park!

All of the activities we will be doing will be within a 10-15 mile radius except for visiting Jack Daniels, downtown Nashville, and the shopping malls. If we do go to these other places then I will squeeze as many people in my truck just help cut down on gas expenses for everyone and I may have to kindly ask some of you to drive your vehicles too. We can all pitch in a few bucks to whoever is using their vehicle to help car pool.

Thanks and Happy MFKing!
Jamie and Missy:)

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
jgentry;2843374; said:
Others that you didn't list that could be fun
hiking
Native fish collecting
I think Henry Horton State Park may have some hiking trails which is very close to were we will be. Though they will be nothing like the parks in east TN.

TrueBlack;2845413; said:
Another suggestion of something I also enjoy:
Rock Climbing, Bouldering
Whoa Evil Knievel!!!;) LOL, I'm not sure we have any "good" places nearby for that. There is plenty of that in east TN. You should check out my videos of Fall Creek Falls in the video lounge and on youtube(screenname:eek:ffroadjunky07)

I know that the fourwheeling place that we may be going to will be great to walk the trails and watch people get stuck in the mud or watch some of the buggies go up some insane rock formations. If enough people are interested in going there then I will try to choose a date when some of the local 4x4 clubs will be there. They are a hoot to watch them maneuver their $50-100k machines:WHOA:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store