TN, KY, GA, AL, MS, NC, SC MEET!!!!!

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
Fish collecting is legal here as long as you follow the regular fishing regulations and use only legal equipment. Most fish aquariumists would want are not restricted by size limits so it is usually not an issue. If you collect any game fish you had better make sure they are legal.

This area is great for collecting long ear sunfish. This area has some of the most colorfull of anywhere in the country. Bright blues and oranges squiggled all over. Plus they can be kept with SA/CA cichlids. They do really well with any of the tougher gymno's and fit well with there temp requirements. Gars can easily be caught once it get hot because they set on the surface in rivers breathing air. You can buy special hookless baits that do not harm them and catch them on rod and reel. There's tons of gars in this area. If there are any small streams coming into the duck madtoms and bullheads also make great aquarium catfish!

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
Bumpity BUMP!!!

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
MEET DATE

JULY 25-26

Detailed list of activities will be posted in a few weeks!

Thanks
Jamie

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
OK FOLKS.... the date is getting close!!!

I need everyone who can attend to send me a PM with when you can make it down, up, or over to meet us and how many people you will be bringing and how long you can stay.

The date is JULY 25-26. We will be meeting at RIVER RATS Canoe Rental in Columbia, TN @ 8:00 in the morning on the 25th. I plan on being on the water no later than 9:00 so DON'T BE LATE!!!

Afterwards, when we get off the water around lunch time, we will hit up the local BBQ joint and enjoy some great tasting food! Then I would like to take everyone to the Jack Daniel's Distillery in Lynchburg, TN. It is about a 45 minute drive from the BBQ joint so we can definitely do some carpooling to help save some gas.

After that, there are two things we can do..... the Annual Truck and Tractor Pull will be in town, which I really enjoy seeing, these are not farm tractors and pickup trucks, these are the BIG BOYS!!! Jet engines, monster alcohol burning engines, you name it! The admission is kinda expensive but worth it I think. Or...... we can go back to my house and rest up and then I can grill out for supper.

For the ones wanting to camp out, I will offer my property to do so or there is a local state park(Henry Horton State Park) that have some very nice campsites which is only about 15 minutes from my house and the Canoe Rental. If you decide not to camp out, there are several nice Hotels just off of I-65 which is also very close to where we will be canoeing.

Now, for Sunday, I would like to make this day just for you guys, we can discuss what we all want to do that day, whether it's canoeing again, fishing, etc. There are plenty of other local activities we can do if no one wants to canoe a second day. But like I said, we can talk about it once we all meet up.

Again please PM me ASAP if you are coming, along with when you can meet us and how many people you will be bringing. I have to reserve the Canoes so I need a rough head count.

Address and website of RIVER RATS CANOE RENTAL

RIVER RATS CANOE RENTAL
4361 Highway 431

Columbia, TN 38401

http://www.geocities.com/riverratcanoe/Welcome_.html

ANY QUESTIONS, just shoot me a PM!!!

Happy Fishkeeping!!

Jamie and Missy

jgentry

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2008
Gallatin, TN
Hey Jamie,
I'm not going to be able to make it. Going to be out of town that weekend doing something much less fun.

Sorry,
J.D.

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
That's cool JD! Maybe next time.

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
Everyone thats coming please RSVP by this Sunday(19th). I have to make reservations for our Canoes.

In the meantime...

Happy Fishkeeping:)

titansfever83

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2007
AL
:goldfish: :shark:
Bumpity BUMP!!

abiddle

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 17, 2008
Sweet Home Alabama
Did this event take place?

Great idea, and location.

I live in Birmingham and could drive up for the day.
What about aquarium items, and fish auctions?

I'll try to make it next year.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store