Trimac??

carpediem

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nice fish bigsmooth... Where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking? Did you only keep one? If not, would you be interested in moving any of them? If they're a different strain from Rapps I would be interested in getting a few.

bigsmooth

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
Deer River
the pics are the ones I got from from Fish Farm on Mojo's site. They came from a breeder in florida, same place rapps gets his trimacs. So they more than likely have some of the same genes. I only kept the largest mainly cause he would terrorize the others. I also got two Wilds from Stilllearning at CJexotics, these two were aggressive as hell with each other and attacked the other fish I also got at the same time in the Q tank, they have since been moved. I got one in 75 and the other is in a 135 with a few other tank mates. I had this one divided off since my largest trimac is in the same tank but it somehow got around the divider and other than getting chased a little, is holding his own. All three that I have are males and I'm looking for a female.

fishfreak317

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
flowerhorncraze.com
dude is prolly on flowerhornusa talking more smack about this. :ROFL:

anyways. carpe, good speech. :popcorn: also bigsmooth, thanx for posting yours up. mine look almost identical to urs aswell. only thing is my largest is showing more color now, since he/she is doninate. however the others i have look just like yours do, with hardly and signs of color yet. i think that the one i showed pics of, is a male. they are in my growout tank still, and i recently added a small yellow/black parrot to also grow up. which in doing this sparked a change in my largest trimac. colors started showing up and more bars visual more offen. almost like he/she is trying to court that parrot. attacks everything else but this parrot. keep in mind i also have 2 blood parrots in there as well. the trimac never showed any interest in them so i thinking they are males.

anyways. i don't plan on breeding the timac out with the parrot. if these are trimacs i'd like to try to keep them as pure as i can. btw i do have some FH's about the same size maybe i should add them to the discussion. i'll go take pics so we can compare low grade FH with this trimac in question. ;)

well anyone else to share there opinions? :WHOA:

headlessblade

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2006
Queens, NY
www.youtube.com
it's funny you like i keep saying you getting it from an authentic source LOL good one... proof? come on now thats the easiest way to show where u got it... else every tom dick and harry can say i bought it from "rapps" on xyz date, just like you did,

"My advice to you? *Call* it what you want, I'd say it's a Trimac. If you breed it, you can't call the offspring Trimacs because you don't really have the authenticity to back it up."

Plus like u said which agrees with my point,

"Well freak, for what my opinion is worth, I say it's a Trimac also. The fish isn't old enough, nor do you have enough information on where the fish was from to say that it is 100% pure, but it looks like a Trimac to me."

Neither do you have any proof to say it's what it is, beside the repeat of "rapps" and like i said earlier. Also why should u trust anyone when you can read and find out for yourself...

btw "Attacking someone's character is easy on the internet when you don't have to deal with the consequences face to face. Real easy...", you must have low self esteem, if you believe that i was "attacking" you... BUT i have no problems, dude check my myspace you can see my picture holla when you see me, we can "deal with the consequences face to face. Real easy..." lol another ETHUG!

Like "rallysman" said "Does everything go over your head? I'm done wasting energy.
Have a good one!"
totally agreed.

*note: thanks "bigsmooth" I thought "rapps" bred wild caught, and not "They came from a breeder in florida, same place rapps gets his trimacs. So they more than likely have some of the same genes." nice

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
Please translate this:

"it's funny you like i keep saying you getting it from an authentic source LOL good one... "

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
headlessblade;704267; said:
it would help if you know how to read

You cannot translate it either, you have no idea what you are typing:ROFL:

armac

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2005
South Texas
headlessblade;704276; said:
good one you deserve a gold medal along with the rest of the geniuses here.

Thanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store