Water Cow Goby

HipHopGoldfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2018
I live in Gettysburg Pennsylvania, Im so sorry but can anyone ship one to me for super cheap? I dont got alot of money, and Id take very good care of it!

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I’m going to pm you.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Turns out I can’t since you don’t have enough posts yet.

HipHopGoldfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2018
Makes me feel pretty stupid but I am really 14. I have been reading articles on keeping fish and visiting family members with heavy knowledge on fish keeping ever since I was a small kid (I guess i still am). Before I put the current fish that I have inside my aquarium I cycled it for a month and made sure there was natural filtration like plants. Due to my lack of money I only have a 40 gallon tank, but am willing to put in obsessive filtration and care for the every need of the fish. Although you did catch me on a tough spot, I have been reading up on these guys for 3 weeks and feel like I could be a pretty fair owner. Im sorry that I sounded so informal, and everything you said was true. Hopefully I can earn some credibility.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I deleted what I originally said because I was going to pm him but that didn’t work. For everyone else this is what I had said,
“1. You need to make a thread in the marketplace in you wish to buy or sell something.
2. You are literally brand new so people might be wary of selling to you.
3. Based off of “can anyone ship one to me for super cheap?”, “ I dont got alot of money”, “Id take very good care of it!”, and the fact that you are 18 with this being your first post leads me to believe that you may have a 10-55 gallon and are wishing to buy this fish simply because it “looks cool”.

Be honest with me, how long have you been keeping fish if you have, what size tank do you have if you have one, and have you done research on the fish?

Listen bud, I’m not trying to insult you but some of what you said is pretty sketchy to be honest and if you can give me proof that you know what you’re doing then I’ll gladly apologize. Also I’m not writing you off as not knowing anything because you’re 18 hell, I’m 17 and we have an even younger member @Hendre that is 15 I believe and is more knowledgeable than me.”

Makes me feel pretty stupid but I am really 14. I have been reading articles on keeping fish and visiting family members with heavy knowledge on fish keeping ever since I was a small kid (I guess i still am). Before I put the current fish that I have inside my aquarium I cycled it for a month and made sure there was natural filtration like plants. Due to my lack of money I only have a 40 gallon tank, but am willing to put in obsessive filtration and care for the every need of the fish. Although you did catch me on a tough spot, I have been reading up on these guys for 3 weeks and feel like I could be a pretty fair owner. Im sorry that I sounded so informal, and everything you said was true. Hopefully I can earn some credibility.
Hey don’t feel stupid, being young doesn’t mean you’re dumb. It just means you don’t have as much experience as the guys that have been doing it for decades but everyone has to start somewhere.
It’s good that you did research, that’s always great.
It’s also good that you cycled you tank, a lot of new people don’t know to do that since they don’t do research before getting a fish.
I don’t blame you for not being formal, people our age don’t tend to talk formally. I call my peers at school “animals” quite often because of how they talk and act.
By admitting this you already earned yourself some credit in my eyes and I respect you for doing so.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but a 40 gallon (Is it 36 inches long and 18 inches wide?) is nowhere bear big enough for a water cow goby which is also called a sleeper goby or a marbled goby. Here is a care guide for them written by somebody in this site
https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/marbled-sleeper-goby-care.691355/#post-7792608
If you’ll look through it then you will see that they typicaly grow 18 inches which is far to big for a 40 gallon tank.
There are plenty of other fish though and I’m sure we at monsterfishkeepers can help you find another fish you love and I promise that if you stay here you’ll gain a lot of knowledge and wisdom.

Last edited:

HipHopGoldfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2018
On a seperate note I desperately need to get rid of my goldfish, not that i dont love them but i care for them to much to keep them in my 40 gallon. I know they are pond fish and ive honestly nursed them back from death being the last picks at the carnival. Do you know a reliable shop i can take them to that really takes care of their fish. My buddies told me to dump them but thats basically irresponsible and cruel to them and the native fish. Also do you know a crazy "monster" fish that I can put in my 40 when the goldies are gone?

FishBeast

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Oct 26, 2016
Northwest Washington
www.youtube.com
Hey bud, your enthusiasm is energizing. We were all young fishkeepers once!

When you say you cycled your tank for a month, did you do it fishless or fish in? What plants were you able to keep with your goldfish? What type of filter do you have for the 40 and do you have a heater?

That being said, get rid of your goldfish first in an environmentally responsible manner such as taking it to a pet store and then come back here for recommendations. You'll have all the time in the world to research the care needs of prospective fish for your 40 breeder so that you can be fully prepared to own and house one. The fact that you zeroed in on a marbled goby as a prospective fish for your 40 breeder tells me that your research may have been inadequate.

Many people here can guide you on a suitable fish depending on the characteristics you are looking for! Good luck and welcome to MFK!

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I disagree with you saying that it’s best to rehome the goldfish first then ask for suggestions on what to put in it because if he does that then he would have an empty tank for potentially weeks or even months depending on the fish he decides he’s going to get. I believe it is better to get the suggestions first.

Also why not make a thread in the introductory part of the site and introduce yourself?
Btw you can get your fake birthday changed to your true birthday by asking a mod. Or instead of pm’ing them you could do this
Chicxulub Chicxulub and ask him. Chicxulub is a mod.

Reactions: FishBeast
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store