WC or CB

Zilch

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Depends on the type, but usually the cb ones don't grow quite as big and sometimes have wacky body shapes compared to their wc counterparts. I've got a mix of wc and cb and they're both great fish but the wc ones definitely have a better look to them

Reactions: The Keeper

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
WC cause of the head shape and they grow bigger, lol
I saw some old theard from Dr.B on comparison from a wc and cb, wc upper jaws have more sharper head than cb, cb head are more rounder, for lower jaws i notice my wc endli volta have more shovel head type that my cb endli, for the body my wc endli volta is more longer and slimmer vs my cb endli which its more rounder.

The Keeper

Exodon
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2016
Massachusetts
both do just as good in captivity right or is the wild caught more aggressive and harder to keep or maybe a shorter lifespan or is it just the looks that is different?

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Im in the minority that have no issues with cb. There are some characteristics cb have that i like, chunky fat look is one of my favirotes. Feel like cb are more outgoing but between the two i think both have their place. Honestly a good mix of cb/wc would be the way too go. That way you can see the subtle differences yourself.

Zilch

Aimara
MFK Member
Mar 7, 2016
West Palm Beach, FL
Agree with jaws, a mix of both is good. They all have unique personalities so I can't say that cb is necessarily more personable than wc. Cb is a great starting point though, cost is lower and they tend to be a bit more tolerant of less than perfect conditions than wc.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Im in the minority that have no issues with cb. There are some characteristics cb have that i like, chunky fat look is one of my favirotes. Feel like cb are more outgoing but between the two i think both have their place. Honestly a good mix of cb/wc would be the way too go. That way you can see the subtle differences yourself.
+1 for having both, but if your gonna make me choose what im gonna buy if they have both cb and wc, ill go for wc, lolz

Reactions: Zilch

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
I think its good that you have been asking all of these type of questions. I asked the same ones hen i got into polys (still have many more)
Research the hell out of them and try not to just impulse buy. Plan ahead too. You see the same story over and over on this site through out all the different sections a guy will cram his tank will fish things will be fine then fish start going belly up, getting sick turns into a huge headache and now he has to spend all his time in the health and diseases section

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store