What is the difference of Longnose,Florida and spotted Gar.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
And is it ok if I feed the 6 inch guy mosquito larvae?
Probably to small a meal, but he might eat some.
And do you think I could keep it with 2 ,,,4-5inch parrotfish?
And the Gar would like earthworms wouldn't it.? would it like live or dead ines both?
Could I feed it bloodworms too?(not live)
probably be ok, just don't let the parrots harass the gar.
He probably doesn't recognize chicken as food, use a piece of fresh fish.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
And is it ok if I feed the 6 inch guy mosquito larvae?
Probably to small a meal, but he might eat some.
And do you think I could keep it with 2 ,,,4-5inch parrotfish?
And the Gar would like earthworms wouldn't it.? would it like live or dead ines both?
Could I feed it bloodworms too?(not live)
probably be ok, just don't let the parrots harass the gar.
He probably doesn't recognize chicken as food, use a piece of fresh fish.

RTC probe 3

Jack Dempsey
Apr 22, 2018
Ok thanks.
And I read another thread and most of them said that to feed the juveniles feeders until about 7". Then we could try and change its diet . Is this true?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

RTC probe 3

Jack Dempsey
Apr 22, 2018
And also I put two of my bronze corycats in its tank as some company for it. Then later it caught one of them but the Cory escaped(luckily). But it doesn't eat any meat I give it but it tried to eat a live fish . Does this mean I would have to feed it only live food until it grows to about 7-8"?

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
And also I put two of my bronze corycats in its tank as some company for it. Then later it caught one of them but the Cory escaped(luckily). But it doesn't eat any meat I give it but it tried to eat a live fish . Does this mean I would have to feed it only live food until it grows to about 7-8"?
They don't eat snails, handfeed him live fish, then once he recognizes you, switch to handfeeding dead fish or bits of fish, he may also eat crickets, but he still needs fish

RTC probe 3

Jack Dempsey
Apr 22, 2018
Ok thanks .

And could I put FLG with two red eared sliders(turtles)? The carapace of one's is about 19-20cm. The others is about 9-10.

Pls tell something positive because they are my oldest aquarium type. And I would hate to give the way. The turtles stay quite well with their other tank mates.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Ok thanks .

And could I put FLG with two red eared sliders(turtles)? The carapace of one's is about 19-20cm. The others is about 9-10.

Pls tell something positive because they are my oldest aquarium type. And I would hate to give the way. The turtles stay quite well with their other tank mates.
Should be ok, just make sure there's plenty of space so the turtles don't harass the gar

RTC probe 3

Jack Dempsey
Apr 22, 2018
Phew ...
Well thanks a lot .
Anyway most sites said that the turtles will try to nip the fins but I think the gar would soon learn to adjust to its new settings just like my oscar.(all this is when my Gar grows larger ...in which I'm going to throw him to the pond)
Anyway any other points I Should consider on my Gar?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store