What species of fish is this!?

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
Since I am quite uninformed about rainbows other than keeping some as dithers, arguing with me on that could be a quite rewarding endeavor. But when I saw the OPs location as Brisbane, rainbows seem a reasonable assumption.
Hard to see the actual fins in the pic, so here is a little cropping fullsizeoutput_785.jpeg .

That said my first impression was Procoptopus similis (an African Lampeye), but since they is relatively rare in the hobby, I poo poo-ed that idea.

Reactions: JesseDavidson

J. H.

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2016
It's not a rainbow. I see only one dorsal fin. Some kind of killie might make sense, but the only killies I have ever kept were Poecillidae, Xiphphophorus and Panchax, so I don't really know them.

Reactions: JesseDavidson

JesseDavidson

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Jul 25, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
Since I am quite uninformed about rainbows other than keeping some as dithers, arguing with me on that could be a quite rewarding endeavor. But when I saw the OPs location as Brisbane, rainbows seem a reasonable assumption.
Hard to see the actual fins in the pic, so here is a little cropping View attachment 1304663 .

That said my first impression was Procoptopus similis (an African Lampeye), but since they is relatively rare in the hobby, I poo poo-ed that idea.
Yeah there is definitely only one dorsal fin.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store