What to feed Baby Jardini Arowana

dwsdarius

Exodon
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2015
NJ, USA
www.youtube.com
Hello everyone; I've had my jardini arowana for about 5 months now, he's grown from 2 inches to 4 inches in this period! My main problem and concern is that this fish is stubborn when it comes to feeding! It refuses everything except crickets! I've tried multiple types of floating pellets, raw fish/shrimp, freeze dried millworms and even live fish but it refuses everything except crickets; I'm sure that's the reason why he's growing so slow too! Currently it is winter and their are no other types of bugs that I can find outdoors, so my question is how can I get my arowana to eat more types of food so that he can start growing? I eventually want him to be pellet trained.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Starve him if he won't eat. He will eventually eat he pellets. My fish was like that too was picky and only ate shrimp. Starved him for a week and he ate the pellets.

Reactions: dwsdarius

Evz jardini

Jardini
MFK Member
May 19, 2010
manchester /uk
It's still a bit small to starve onto other foods without risk of damage Imo, 8"+ would be a better size to try this.
You could start to gutload the crickets with pellets then at least it'll start to grow quicker and get used to the flavour of them this will set up well for pellet training in the future.

PetZoneSanDiego

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2008
San Diego, California
www.PetZoneSD.com
bloodworms usually do the job. good luck on taming them, as others have posted in previous postings, you can eventually get them to accept pellets with enough patience

Reactions: dwsdarius

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
It's still a bit small to starve onto other foods without risk of damage Imo, 8"+ would be a better size to try this.
You could start to gutload the crickets with pellets then at least it'll start to grow quicker and get used to the flavour of them this will set up well for pellet training in the future.
+1

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store