What type of arowana is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

islandguy11

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2017
Thailand
A bunch of wannabe fish police trying to earn merit badges in ego activism around lately.
Lol, and it seems arguably an even greater number of "OG" wannabes with little more to contribute to most threads than offering snide remarks trying to prove their fish keeping street cred & pack mentality around lately too.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Keep it civil please guys, I'm running out of popcorn. If you have issues with each other take it to PM, this thread seems to raise some legitimate questions so let's keep it on track. Thanks.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Could anyone explain to me the appeal of asian arowanas? I get that people want what they can’t have but what other reason is there to want one so badly that one might risk losing their freedom for an asian arowana?
I have friends with Asian aros, one used to be in the import business, scores of high quality aros and rays, beautiful fish. My friend the importer was uber picky on what he imported and sold under his business name, so when he got a BB Xback that didn't quite meet his standards he offered it to me, for free. I passed. I like most fish, nothing against aros in general, just not my cup of tea.

Definitely not worth thousands in fines, and/or doing time for.

If the owner of this aro has a permit, then it's all good. If he doesn't, then who cares what's posted here? Snitches? LMAO

"Sigh... what has this site turned into... we’re promoting criminals...."

Apparently promoting them, and protecting them.

Make MFK Great Again!

:ROFL:

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015
But let's also face this simple fact: if the owner (presuming of course he really doesn't have a permit, which nobody here seems to know 100% for sure), REALLY cared about this fish (and not in the sense of just good fish keeping practices), he would keep it at home, not show it off in full public view, SMH. To me that's just saying "Screw you USA and your laws."
I think you're assuming the owner is aware of the law. There are people I know that don't know their personal rights. So I have the right to assume the opposite, that the owner doesn't know...Since neither or us knows a thing...

On another hand, the OP seems to know enough....Or at least he/she's gone wild with even more assumptions and excuses to keep this topic heated...

Also, from my personal point of view I can't remember when I last checked if any of the fish I own are actually legal to own here...I think that was never.....I better go check if someone is snapping pictures of my tanks as we speak....

Hi there, i wondering what type of arowana is this? I saw this on the vietnamese restaurant located in, i think it asian arowana but if that true how come they can have 1 with out any trouble?
From that paragraph all I can see is rhetorical questions that the OP himself answered within the first few sentences he/she posted. The other posters posts were just confirmations of his statements...

i dont think the owner did not know this is not a asian fish
And there's the blame within the first 3-4 posts (not just in this topic but on the forum)

As far as I am concerned the OP is pointing the finger but doesn't have the guts to say it directly to the owner or the proper authorities which is the right way to go about it. Instead, lets take lots of pictures, give approximate location and let it happen the sneaky way....all hiding behind some made up user name...

As per my initial post, it is his personal right to report illegal activities to the proper authorities if he thinks they are.

I just expressed an opinion that this forum is not a place to do so as we do not have all the facts and at the moment the OP is speculating enormously against someone not given the right to be involved. Everyone is innocent until proven guilty. The last time I checked this is not the court room.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
I have friends with Asian aros, one used to be in the import business, scores of high quality aros and rays, beautiful fish. My friend the importer was uber picky on what he imported and sold under his business name, so when he got a BB Xback that didn't quite meet his standards he offered it to me, for free. I passed. I like most fish, nothing against aros in general, just not my cup of tea.

Definitely not worth thousands in fines, and/or doing time for.

If the owner of this aro has a permit, then it's all good. If he doesn't, then who cares what's posted here? Snitches? LMAO

"Sigh... what has this site turned into... we’re promoting criminals...."

Apparently promoting them, and protecting them.

Make MFK Great Again!

:ROFL:
It’s very interesting that he would offer the ones that he didn’t want to you for free. Perhaps he made enough money to do so?

Let’s not throw gas onto the fire again lol.

Make MFK Great Again!
Vote me for mod as I will not be the mod you want but the mod you NEED! I will get rid of the law banning asian arowanas and I will make sure EVERY mfk’er has a 500 gallon gank!
(paid for by the “make fishhead mod campaign”)

Coryloach

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2015

The nature of these two threads are completely different......

In the "I stole it and I am not sorry thread" the OP was speaking on their own behalf. It was their choice to do what they did and their choice to post what they posted....There was no question about the facts.....Sense the difference to this thread? Who is posting the "facts" in this case? ....

Anhcali2018

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2019
To coryloach:
Your assuming is ok no argument, but, that way too off from the topic, and too much personal in that assumption.
No debate but it not true.
What i mean on the quote ealier “ i dont think the owner “””””””””did not””””””””know this is “””””””””NOT””””” a asian fish: meaning if you think the owner dont know the fish he had is not the asian fish is impossible.

Anhcali2018

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2019
Personally request to @: since some of MFKs off track, can you remove pics and the county on the first post please. Doesnt make anysence but just to satisfied off tracking/ hijack user.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store