what's in the QT?

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Hahah it may be fine. Dont freak out yet. Test the water. Im curious to see if your getting anything. Def gotta be some ammonia in there hopefully some nitrates too
lol. You know me, I freak out over everything. I definitely see poop in the tank so that's good?might have seen maybe 1-2ppm nitrates, but could have just been optimistic:rolleyes:. Will recheck.

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Post pics of the test tube. I always do that when i trying to tell, im horrible at.judging it myself

Reactions: clm08k

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Keep waiting. Eventually it'll start to accumulate and change colors. Not cycled yet though as you know already clm08k clm08k .

Reactions: magpie and clm08k

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Keep waiting. Eventually it'll start to accumulate and change colors. Not cycled yet though as you know already clm08k clm08k .
thank you! I probably cancelled out any BB with the addition of decholrinator the other day(due to low water level). But I learned my lesson and have been learning how to cycle properly thanks to you guys. Will let water sit for 24 hours outside before I add anymore. Until it's cycled, then I can do the dechlorinator?

Might have ordered two cichlids I shouldn't have ordered..but will rehome them if they get fussy. I am not adding polys(showpieces) until the tank is fully cycled. Can't wait until that happens!

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
Wait, dechlor doesn't kill BB..... just safestart. Otherwise no one would use dechlor ever....? Or am I confused?

clm08k

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2016
Wait, dechlor doesn't kill BB..... just safestart. Otherwise no one would use dechlor ever....? Or am I confused?
I think I could have said it wrong and or am confused. From what I understand, I think my BB is unstable because the tank is not cycled, so it's being created. I don't think dechloarinator kills it, but it could affect the rate the tank cycles if the bacteria isn't stable/established. Could be totally wrong though. :)

Reactions: magpie

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
Everything is still 0. Didn't post Nitrites cause it was super light blue.

View attachment 1248964

These were from yesterday. Still haven't cleaned the tank out. Maybe there's not enough fish in there right now?
View attachment 1248965
I think I could have said it wrong and or am confused. From what I understand, I think my BB is unstable because the tank is not cycled, so it's being created. I don't think dechloarinator kills it, but it could affect the rate the tank cycles if the bacteria isn't stable/established. Could be totally wrong though. :)
It will kill the bb so to say as it binds the solution of ammonia that the bb is housed in.

Not saying thats what happened to you but is the reason safestart recommends not using the dechlorinator.

Says salt water on the card does that matter ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store