Where do I buy plants and plant ideas

Zak03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2018
Salem, Oregon. USA
So, I'm looking into doing a planted low tech aquarium. I'm thinking about using Java fern/moss and Anubias because they don't need to be in soil but can be attached to rock and wood. That's basically what I'm looking for. I don't want to use plant soil because I want to keep gravel for substrate since that will make vacuuming the tank easier after the fish.
I'm also looking for plants that don't need me to use fertilizer.

Basically, this is what I'm looking for in a plant:
1.) don't need soil/dirt and can be put in gravel or on rocks and wood
2.) Don't need fertilization

Does anyone have any other ideas for plants that fit what I'm looking for? And does anyone know a good place or website to get those plants? I'm striking out with Petsmart/Co.

Reactions: tlindsey

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Java moss, hornwort, and wisteria can do w/o soil and fertz. I’ve ordered from eBay, h20 plants, glass aqua, wetspot, and aquarium coop.

Reactions: tlindsey and Zak03

AquaDERP

Exodon
MFK Member
May 20, 2019
I'm doing no derbris plant tank.

Tested in my sump. You can look through my content.

Here might got most of the answers you're looking for

Last edited:

Zak03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2018
Salem, Oregon. USA
Watersprite if your lightings pretty good. Same for brazillian pennywort
I do like the Brazilian pennywort. it looks pretty cool, and I'm liking the idea of doing a thick bush underwater. does the pennywort have to planted in a substrate or can it grow on wood and rocks?

Zanzag

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2019
Central PA
It does awesome floating. Just make a loop of some kind of fishing line and tie it to a suction cup it will take over the whole top if you let it. Mine actually grew out the back of the aquarium also

Reactions: Zak03

Zanzag

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2019
Central PA
If potted is on the table red tiger lotus or any val species would be impressive. The vals would look a lot like a spider plant once runners happened

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store