Will My Arowana Eat Pellets?

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
I Just bought a new Silver Arowana about 6", its with a beautiful little Red Spotted Severum about 3" and an Electric Blue Jack Dempsey about 3". The severum and jack are eating hikari gold baby pellets (floating) and hikari gold mini wafers. The arrow don't want anything top do with them, he also freak out and darts all over the tank when I approach it. I have kept 100's of different fish but never arowana, is he just a bad apple or will he get used to me and eat pellets. I hate scared fish that's why I quit keeping discus.

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
Get some brine shrimp and blood worms to start off with. Yes it will calm down too some arrows will be jumpy at first
I have hikari frozen krill but I don't want him to be dependent on it. I would like him to eat pellets because that's what all my other fish eat. If I start him on shrimp do you think he will get hooked?

reefman

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2005
In front of my tanks
I have hikari frozen krill but I don't want him to be dependent on it. I would like him to eat pellets because that's what all my other fish eat. If I start him on shrimp do you think he will get hooked?
No with smaller fish it's good to start off with something natural. No baby aro will refuse brine

Reactions: tlindsey

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
He's not refusing krill or any food like that. He is refusing pellets. I want him to eat pellets. "Will my Arowana Eat Pellets".

All of my tanks are on custom stands and have full custom canopy's. There are also lids covering the the openings on top of tank.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
He will eat pellets eventually don't panic.

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
So its been three days since the arrow ate. I put some pellets in a few mins ago and after he flopped all over the tank and freaked out he ate a pellet stuck behind filter! Half of it he spit out. I think tomorrow he's gonna eat for real!

Adictd2Fsh

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2018
I think I can get better pics when he settles down a bit. OMG I hope he does cause I love this guy.:cool:

IMG_20180117_131607281.jpg

Reactions: Silverstone
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store