Will this stock work in a 75?

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
Since pet smart isn't having any Sales on 125 gallons I want to redo my 75.. Mainly the stock.

Stock I'll keep:
• 9" syno Notatus
• 7"-8" delhezi
• 4"-6" Senegal
• 4"-5" eb acara
• maybe 3" leaf fish

Stock I want to add:
• palmas palmas
• retropinnus
•Moke? IDK size on these guys so any info would be great

Also I think u want to keep the tank fairly open so either no decor or a little.. I'll have a fine layer of sand at bare minimum but IDK how a syno would do with a fully open tank

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Since pet smart isn't having any Sales on 125 gallons I want to redo my 75.. Mainly the stock.

Stock I'll keep:
• 9" syno Notatus
• 7"-8" delhezi
• 4"-6" Senegal
• 4"-5" eb acara
• maybe 3" leaf fish

Stock I want to add:
• palmas palmas
• retropinnus
•Moke? IDK size on these guys so any info would be great

Also I think u want to keep the tank fairly open so either no decor or a little.. I'll have a fine layer of sand at bare minimum but IDK how a syno would do with a fully open tank
You may be able to add the Moke but will wait to see what the other Poly members would suggest.

Reactions: clm08k

magpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2016
Oregon
I don't know much about synos, sorry.

I would think you could add maybe 2 more of the polys on your list, it shouldn't matter which really. I'd start with the group you already have, see where the nitrates are and go from there.

Bare tanks are tricky for me to recommend any fish, I think they are more secure with some cover or decor. But you do you. :) I think your leaf fish (do you mean a Ctenopoma or Monocirrhus?) could be a good mix for those fish but might be stressed in a bare tank... they at the very least like some floating cover, but prefer dimmer light and some things to camoflauge themselves in ideally.

Reactions: clm08k

thefredpit

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
United States
one thing I have found out recently is my bichirs love the driftwood I have which has a large area supported by several branches which creates what looks kinda like a table it makes them feel secure while also making them very visible
100 gallon new driftwood 2.jpg

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
I don't know much about synos, sorry.

I would think you could add maybe 2 more of the polys on your list, it shouldn't matter which really. I'd start with the group you already have, see where the nitrates are and go from there.

Bare tanks are tricky for me to recommend any fish, I think they are more secure with some cover or decor. But you do you. :) I think your leaf fish (do you mean a Ctenopoma or Monocirrhus?) could be a good mix for those fish but might be stressed in a bare tank... they at the very least like some floating cover, but prefer dimmer light and some things to camoflauge themselves in ideally.
Ctenopoma... Actually he just like my acara... Always up near the glass and I never see him in the Java jerns I have in there

Reactions: magpie

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
The main reason I suggested a bare tank was Iv read a few post for poly aggression and figured if there was no places to give territory to then it would die that down

Slayer2533

Piranha
MFK Member
May 13, 2017
The main reason I suggested a bare tank was Iv read a few post for poly aggression and figured if there was no places to give territory to then it would die that down
I agree substrate and no ornaments is the way to go if you are keeping a number of poly's. For me I keep a mix of lower jaw (endli, laps) and larger upper jaws (ornates) and I had an issue with a endli biting the tail of one of my laps constantly. Nothing really stopped him until I removed all take ornaments and a large piece of driftwood now everything is fine.

xDestro

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2016
I agree substrate and no ornaments is the way to go if you are keeping a number of poly's. For me I keep a mix of lower jaw (endli, laps) and larger upper jaws (ornates) and I had an issue with a endli biting the tail of one of my laps constantly. Nothing really stopped him until I removed all take ornaments and a large piece of driftwood now everything is fine.
I might have 1 piece for the syno at least but we'll see

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store