Will this work as a betta bowl! ??

Jacob6556

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2020
image.jpg Well I have think cookie jar and I was wondering if I could use this for a betta tank? I see pet stores selling lil non filters drums smaller then this one for them, ofcourse I would add some rocks and maybe a little plant in there but do you think that this Jar is a fair size for one??

tigerbob

Exodon
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2019
Nice jarrarium. Good for ramshorn or daphnia colony. The daphnia can be fed to fish.

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
Buy a 10 gallon or bigger if you want a betta along with a filter.
Do you know about cycling?

Niki_up

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2018
Could it work? Absolutely it COULD.

will anyone here agree? Probably not without; at minimum a heater and filter.

The Morning

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2018
Is that jar bigger than most of the betta tanks on the market. Yes. Is is adequate for a betta. Absolutely not. The decision you need to make is do you want good fish-keeper or not? Up to you.
there has been good advice in this thread. Pick up a 20 gallon on sale for $20 get a decent filter some substrate and decorations and provide a decent habitat.
either way make sure you cycle the water before adding the fish.

Jacob6556

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2020
Is that jar bigger than most of the betta tanks on the market. Yes. Is is adequate for a betta. Absolutely not. The decision you need to make is do you want good fish-keeper or not? Up to you.
there has been good advice in this thread. Pick up a 20 gallon on sale for $20 get a decent filter some substrate and decorations and provide a decent habitat.
either way make sure you cycle the water before adding the fish.
Yeah everyone’s been really helpful, I already have a few tanks and don’t really need another I was just wondering if I could get away with that and have a basically free tank for a betta

Jexnell

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2017
PNW
Work in a pinch yes for a short time.

What I have heard as a min is 5gal.
What's best is a 20long. Not too deep, lots o room for a single male Betta. You know decorated of course with plants, can have a group of small tetras and a small catfish

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store