Your favorite mini-monster fish

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
I busted out laughing the first time I saw Zebra O! The colors are amazing and they are stinkers, especially as they grow. Not for the faint of heart.

Fishnerd360

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2018
Spike tailed paradise fish. I had a breeding pair, both jumped out of the tank, but I found one of their babies. Then he became adult and jumped out of the tank even though I had low water. Other than that nice personality of a little fish and they have nice colors.

Rdurha1

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2017
I busted out laughing the first time I saw Zebra O! The colors are amazing and they are stinkers, especially as they grow. Not for the faint of heart.
yup that's what they do, in my mixed african tank he is the smallest male yet likes to pick fights with my full grown Livingston alpha male (he never wins) and every few months earns a stay in the hospital tank.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
They look like loads of fun! What temperature do you keep them at?

A competitor for that is Nothobranchius ocellatus, absolutely monstrous creature at about 15cm. Most nothos are under 5cm :eek:
Non heated aquarium room temperature 68°. They thrive in much lower temperature's. Native to my area and yes they are little clowns.

Reactions: Lilyann and Hendre

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
A competitor for that is Nothobranchius ocellatus, absolutely monstrous creature at about 15cm. Most nothos are under 5cm :eek:
Talk about almost 0 info on something. I couldn't find anything put a pic.

Are they even in the trade?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Talk about almost 0 info on something. I couldn't find anything put a pic.

Are they even in the trade?
I don't think they are due to their size, predatory nature and bland colour. Almost the complete opposite of regular nothobranchius, I just saw the name pop up when I was doing phylogeny on the genus for a job-shadowing project. :)

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

piranhaman00

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Wisconsin
I am a huge fan of black skirt tetras, aggressive little buggers and therefore made great tank mates for gars/pbass ect when I was trying to convert to pellets, "monkey see monkey do"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store