How to grow Oscars fast?

redfish1

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2015
Colombo
I have brought 4 Tiger Oscars from a local fish store.I keep them in a 300 Gallons tank with 2 Cat fishes,1 Giant Gourami and 1 Snakehead fish.I want to grow my Oscars upto maximum size they grow and I want MFK's help to grow them fast and maximum.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
I have brought 4 Tiger Oscars from a local fish store.I keep them in a 300 Gallons tank with 2 Cat fishes,1 Giant Gourami and 1 Snakehead fish.I want to grow my Oscars upto maximum size they grow and I want MFK's help to grow them fast and maximum.
Oscars grow insanely fast with the normal steps of clean water and regular feeding, I'd be more concerned about possible aggression; but I haven't kept a tank that size with that combination, so its just a thought.

Reactions: redfish1

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Oscars grow insanely fast with the normal steps of clean water and regular feeding, I'd be more concerned about possible aggression; but I haven't kept a tank that size with that combination, so its just a thought.
This. The catfish, depending on the species, will make a meal of small Oscars. The snakehead is going to be a jerk at one point or another.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
What size are they now?....I would place them in a smaller tank where they would not have to compete with anyone else for food which would be good quality pellets,and frequent water changes would be easier.

redfish1

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Nov 26, 2015
Colombo
What I should feed them?

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
What I should feed them?
Go for a really high quality pellet, as your staple; lots of different brands are recommended on here; such as NLS etc. Then you can work around that and try vegetables, and/or frozen foods, prawns, bloodworm etc.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
May I remove Oscars to a 150 gallons tank?
they are your fish lol, I would say yes, but you do what you want. Give them a good pellet as a staple diet, as much as they can eat a day, and water changes. They'll grow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store