Opinions please

Vandyfan13

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2016
Tennessee
Have the opportunity to build a pretty big tank with a custom stand. 300+ gallons. 7' by 3' any suggestions on where to put overflows for sump and other recommendations you would like done or would do to yours if you could? I should mention it will be glass too. The sump I'm building will be a 75 gallon with k1 kaldness. Thank you guys for your time.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Are you okay with drilling the tank? I always like drains versus overflows. I always have bad luck having overflows keep their prime and siphon. It's easy to build an internal weir, then drill and plumb for drainage.

Vandyfan13

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2016
Tennessee
Are you okay with drilling the tank? I always like drains versus overflows. I always have bad luck having overflows keep their prime and siphon. It's easy to build an internal weir, then drill and plumb for drainage.
I thought about drilling two holes on both sides and having to return lines as well. Any suggestions on drilling for a noob?

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Are you building the tank? Will the tank be viewed from one side?

I think suggestions may vary depending on you are building and how's it viewed. I'm not suggesting you couldn't do it, but will require more tools, effort.

Vandyfan13

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2016
Tennessee
Are you building the tank? Will the tank be viewed from one side?

I think suggestions may vary depending on you are building and how's it viewed. I'm not suggesting you couldn't do it, but will require more tools, effort.
Tank will be viewed from two sides. Right and front side of the tank. The left and of course behind will be against walls

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Internal coast to coast with overflow on both ends on the back side if I was viewing from only oneong side of the tank.

Reactions: Dieselhybrid
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store